Anyone near Panama City?

clbailey

Established Member
Im in the Air Force, and im kinda limited in base selections because of my job. Im trying for orders to Tyndall and want to buy a house, dont want to rent or live right on the beach. I have 5 cars and dont want to run the risk of bad corrosion issues being close to the beach. I dont want to be much farther than 1 hour drive from Tyndall but still need to be close to civilization. With that I need to be a decently close to school areas as my wife just got out of the Navy and is wanting to go to school. The more I look into it, it almost seems bad to try to go to Tyndall but I have had all I can take 5 years at Langley.

Id also like to be near a good car scene area. Im lost when looking at what to do. I go to google maps look at areas around base and then google the area, and im not coming up with good results.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Don't let your corrosion concerns influence your base or home selection. Unless you plan on living and driving on the beach itself corrosion is the least of your worries and really shouldn't be a factor in your decision.

U.M.

mcdover

Established Member
Im in the Air Force, and im kinda limited in base selections because of my job. Im trying for orders to Tyndall and want to buy a house, dont want to rent or live right on the beach. I have 5 cars and dont want to run the risk of bad corrosion issues being close to the beach. I dont want to be much farther than 1 hour drive from Tyndall but still need to be close to civilization. With that I need to be a decently close to school areas as my wife just got out of the Navy and is wanting to go to school. The more I look into it, it almost seems bad to try to go to Tyndall but I have had all I can take 5 years at Langley.

Id also like to be near a good car scene area. Im lost when looking at what to do. I go to google maps look at areas around base and then google the area, and im not coming up with good results.

What, no love for Maxwell? Great schools, Chisholm has some very attractively priced homes, and things don't get much more exciting than a Saturday night cruising the Southern Blvd.

I kid.:beer:

Panama City would definitely be my first state-side choice of duty stations.

Users who are viewing this thread