Anyone near the D.C. area?

HaulinBuggy

Established Member
Have a pretty good job offer in the Rockville area and I'm thinking about relocating. Problem is...I don't know :cuss: about the area. Areas to stay away from, traffic, nice neighborhoods? Only looking to spend $250-$275K so the REALLY nice areas are out of the question.

TIA

mmars

Meet me in the twisties!
Established Member
If your lucky you can find a condo for that much... That price range is very very low for this area. Around the DC area, you won't find anything in the "NICE" areas for under $500k or so...Probably your best bet to find somewhere in a decent area and still have an affordable price that isn't tooo far from Rockville is somewhere around Frederick, MD. This area has really boomed insanly when it comes to real estate.

Good Luck!
--Matt

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
What he said. The real estate market is booming. Its a sellers market here. Depending on the offer, I can't answer for you. One bed room apartments average around the1000 mark without utilities, etc. You could commute...

HaulinBuggy

Established Member
That's what I was thinking about doing (commute).
But how far is too far away? :shrug:
I expect traffic to be pretty bad around the beltway. I am used to driving about an hour and 20 minutes to work. It's kind of hard to judge the commute time from the mapquest distance without knowing the traffic, PA (cheaper COL) is only an hour away (60 miles) by mapquest - and I know that's not right.

ThrashN

Do What?
Established Member
You're not going to get much around this area for 250k. I live in Frederick and I did work in Rockville/Gaithersburg area, it was 22 miles on the highway and if I left before 5am I could get to work in about 20mins and if I left after 5am it took me about an hour on average (sometimes it would take me around 2 hours). The only way that I would work back in that area again is if I was to work a night shift job. If you have any question about the area feel free to PM me.
Doug

Users who are viewing this thread