Anyone on here own a jeep srt8

03Mach1 925

Established Member
Mainly looking for a 06/07 I wanted to see what people thought about these cars are they reliable an is gas really that bad? I'm not getting rid of my cobra for this just want another car to drive

RussZTT

Established Member
Mainly looking for a 06/07 I wanted to see what people thought about these cars are they reliable an is gas really that bad? I'm not getting rid of my cobra for this just want another car to drive
Buddy of mine had one. He got around 15mpg

NewDuuude

Established Member
Brother has a trailblazer SS
its a pretty awesome car
And the jeeps are even better.
But his gas mileage is pretty crap

6speed

Established Member
15-17mpg depending on how much you get on it. that's a mix of highway and city for me to get to work. it takes premium gas fyi

front tires were literally falling apart @ 22k miles, known problem with the goodyear runflats & instead of having a tsb or recall gy spots you ~50% off your replacement if you go to a gy dealer and they verify the tires are defective (the inside tread was down to the cords but outside tread in good shape.

upkeep isn't cheap, about 40,000 miles all 4 tires were shot & brakes. the brembo pads and rotors are about 2 grand at the dealer installed (all 4) and the same for 4 gy runflats.

if you don't clean it often the brembo pad dust builds up big time on all 4 wheels and eats away at the stock rims; all 4 stained but it was my dd so it was usually dirty.

super fun to drive, and I love how they look. personally id find one with the nav, that package is loaded to the gills btooth, Sirius, backup cam, boston acoustic sound, etc

sledneck696

Established Member
I just sold my 2010 black on black. They are awesome units! Gas mileage definitely not great but its a 400hp awd so you have to expect that. Don't worry about the bremboson on replacemnt R1 concepts sells brakes that are just as good for a fraction of the cost. In my opinion they are one of the coolest vehicles out there. my 2010 also came with a full kicker stereo man it was crazy for factory! I had mine lowered on Eibachs would never suggest lowering a jeep srt. There is not enough travel and rides like absolute shit. Mine had a custom tune, borla, exhaust, afe cai and ran a best of 12.7

newbie1276

Established Member
I love mine. You definately want 08 and up because of black leather and better navigation factory auto leveling hids and better radio components
Gas mileage sucks if you gotta commute to work
My commute is 5 min so it dont matter
I replaced the runflats with nitto 420 and made a huge diffenrence in ride quality
Also the factory alcoas get annoying having to polish constantly so I put a set of factory chrome replicas on for the summer and gave up polishing the alcoas
All in all I would go for it if you can get at decent price
Torque is ridicoulous from a dig but lacks in higher gears

03Mach1 925

Established Member
I love mine. You definately want 08 and up because of black leather and better navigation factory auto leveling hids and better radio components
Gas mileage sucks if you gotta commute to work
My commute is 5 min so it dont matter
I replaced the runflats with nitto 420 and made a huge diffenrence in ride quality
Also the factory alcoas get annoying having to polish constantly so I put a set of factory chrome replicas on for the summer and gave up polishing the alcoas
All in all I would go for it if you can get at decent price
Torque is ridicoulous from a dig but lacks in higher gears

well ill be going to work and school about 5-10 mins city and another 10 mins highway so i dont think gas will be to bad right???

03Mach1 925

Established Member
Why would you suggest 08+?? I don't really have funds for the new body ones. I can get one from dealer auctions around 50-60k miles for 18-19k

canadianbullitt

Established Member
06-10 are all the same body style. But 08+ have a nicer interior and other small nicer features.
Then again, they are all badass and dare I say it when fitted with a nice exhaust sound better than a cobra lol.
In fact, if I could make it as fast as my cobra for the same money, I would probably enjoy it more than my snake.

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
Test drove one before buying my 06 TBSS. They are fun and faster then the SS stock vs. stock. Parts for the SS are cheaper and more plentiful. I prefer Gm over dodge hence my Screename. But there styling is awesome. Still prefer gm. Haha

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Been DD my 07 since Jan 08 and fixin' to turn 100,000 miles in about a month. I LOVE my SRT8 and it's been fairly problem free considering how modded it is and how hard I drive it. I'll never get rid of it! :banana:

I average about 13mpg, but it's modded with a cam, longtubes, ported intake and CAI.

Users who are viewing this thread