Anyone planning on a Mach 1000 upgrade

slalomdude

Established Member
The article in this months 5.0 looked a sweet install. I called CDC for pricing, $1395 + $70 shipping. Cross that one off my wish list !!!

03'Darin

Established Member
I was planning on adding that to my wifes 97' Cobra. We are a dealer of CDC's and I called to find out what our price is and was told........THE SAME. WTF. May not be doing it now just for principle.

Oh who am I trying to kid.......my wife likes the stereo cranked when she's out terrorizing the local roads. I'm sure it will end up going in.

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
PDA, Inc. here in Denver, CO can get you the kit for $907.00 but I have no idea how much shipping would be.

(303) 730-3289

Enjoy!

bskinner

UH OK

FOR $1500.00 YOU COULD GO ON THE INTERNET AND BUY A kick ass system. I have a friend that has a mach1000 and it dont sound that good and you lose most all of your trunk space

LCCOBRA

Established Member
this system?

A buddy of mine that drives a gt has this. I'll have to ask him how much he got it for and were. It sounds real nice. And I like the factory look. Sounds just right and does'nt rattle like crapy systems.

03'Darin

Established Member
Originally posted by AtomHeart
PDA, Inc. here in Denver, CO can get you the kit for $907.00 but I have no idea how much shipping would be.

(303) 730-3289

Enjoy!

I'll check that out. Thanks!

EDIT:
I just called PDA....those guys are great. I asked them how much for the system and they quoted me an installed price of less than CDC's cash and carry. So I asked the PDA guy if the kit came with the necessary wiring for plug and play and how much it was without installation. He said it didn't come with all of the wiring (he would have to check with his installer to find out exactly what was needed) and it would be about $1000. He also said it took the last guy that installed it himself 6 hours. When I told the guy I was calling from Pa. he gave me the name of a radio wholesaler that we actually deal with from Md.. I'll be calling them tomorrow to find out what my price is.

Last edited:

03'Darin

Established Member
Re: UH OK

Originally posted by SPEEDTRAPZ
FOR $1500.00 YOU COULD GO ON THE INTERNET AND BUY A kick ass system. I have a friend that has a mach1000 and it dont sound that good and you lose most all of your trunk space

Who the hell cares about trunk space in a Cobra.:lol: :lol:

We have sold several Mustangs with Mach1000 systems. They may not be the absolute best sound for the money, but I prefer the factory look and plug and go setup.

Brad

Banned
Buying a mach 1000 would be a complete waste. You could go to best buy tomorrow with 1k and have them install a system that will blow the mach clean out of the water. Bang for the buck it isnt the way to go, its not even that nice a setup.

03'Darin

Established Member
I wouldn't pay CDC's price for that system. If I was going to pay that much I would have already bought it. Not to mention the fact that calling for the dealer price and they won't give us a break off of retail.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Keep in mind that the Mach 1000 pieces add 40 lbs for the speaker assemblies and amp rack...EACH. That's 120 lb on the rear of the car extra. The car is really heavy as is. And yes Ethel, I bought a Cobra instead of a Vette, so that's why I like trunk space AND a rear seat. :thumbsup:

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Awesome! Glad that PDA helped you out.

And I also would way prefer a Mach 1000 over an aftermarket stereo system.

I dont compete in stereo competitions, I simply want the greatest STOCK stereo on the planet. I want to be able to open the trunk and tell people that this is a stock Ford stereo, and watch their jaws drop open.

I personally think the Mach stereo system sounds just fine, and I'm sure with the extra 10" subs, it will sound fantastic. You're right, its not that great in a "bang for the buck" scenario, but then, I'm much more concerned with factory fit and finish than some crappy black carpeted amp box made by joe schmoe at some local stereo shop.

The 10" cones with "MACH" written across them alone is worth the $900.00 to me.

And frankly, judging by all the posts about needing drag radials for traction, and all the posts about the car feeling front heavy in extreme handling...I dont think the extra weight over the rear wheels is gonna hurt much when we add 200hp and 200tq to our cars.

(I dont race either, so .00001 seconds in the quartermile isn't gonna make me cry too much)

Last edited:

03'Darin

Established Member
Awesome! Glad that PDA helped you out.

And I also would way prefer a Mach 1000 over an aftermarket stereo system.

I dont compete in stereo competitions, I simply want the greatest STOCK stereo on the planet. I want to be able to open the trunk and tell people that this is a stock Ford stereo, and watch their jaws drop open.

I personally think the Mach stereo system sounds just fine, and I'm sure with the extra 10" subs, it will sound fantastic. You're right, its not that great in a "bang for the buck" scenario, but then, I'm much more concerned with factory fit and finish than some crappy black carpeted amp box made by joe schmoe at some local stereo shop.

The 10" cones with "MACH" written across them alone is worth the $900.00 to me.

And frankly, judging by all the posts about needing drag radials for traction, and all the posts about the car feeling front heavy in extreme handling...I dont think the extra weight over the rear wheels is gonna hurt much when we add 200hp and 200tq to our cars.

(I dont race either, so .00001 seconds in the quartermile isn't gonna make me cry too much)

I'm with you on all of that. Besides the extra weight may be for the better in my wifes car......it may help to slow her down by 1 or 2 mph:lol1: .

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Maybe this should turn into a group purchase discussion. If your discount gets you down below $900, maybe we should see how much of a discount we could get if 10 of us were interested in ordering a kit. According to the "instructions" on CDC, everything you need to wire the Mach 1000 is in the box from Ford. YOu have one wiring harness that you connect to the kit. Basically, you disconnect the stock wiring harness from the stock crossover...and plug it into the Mach 1000 crossover...then you plug the harness from the mach 1000 into the stock crossover. Then you run power and ground up to the battery for the subs and you're done.

Last edited:

03'Darin

Established Member
Maybe this should turn into a group purchase discussion. If your discount gets you down below $900, maybe we should see how much of a discount we could get if 10 of us were interested in ordering a kit. According to the "instructions" on CDC, everything you need to wire the Mach 1000 is in the box from Ford. YOu have one wiring harness that you connect to the kit. Basically, you disconnect the stock wiring harness from the stock crossover...and plug it into the Mach 1000 crossover...then you plug the harness from the mach 1000 into the stock crossover. Then you run power and ground up to the battery for the subs and you're done.

I wasn't sure if CDC added some wiring to make it a "plug and play kit". I also read their instructions from CDC's sight and don't think there is much to it but when I asked the guy from PDA and he said not all of the wirirng is included I began to wonder. I'll let you guys know tomorrow (anyone interested) how I make out on prices.

Darin

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Oops...I accidentally blew my chance at the group purchase. I just ordered a Mach 1000 upgrade kit from:

www.radiosandmore.com

$900 w/ free nextday shipping. The order wont go out till tomorrow, but I expect to have it by 5:30pm Thursday, so I'll let everyone know what comes in the factory Ford box.

Brand: Ford
Part: 3U6F-18814-DA
Category: Harnesses
Needs Harness: No
Notes: Total Kit

This is an upgrade to vehicles that are already equipped with the MACH 460 and is designed to work with the existing factory radio.
Kit includes factory hardware and amplifiers required to retrofit Mustang with MACH 460 from 1994 to 2004

Steel City Pimp

Established Member
I cant believe people would consider buying this. This is as bad as $100+ for a pulley. At least the pulley will make your car faster. This so called "system" does nothing but make your car sound like shit. I had a loner with the mach 1000, sounds nice until you turn it up, then the whole car rattles. Whats the point of having this stereo if you cant use it without making your car sound a getto ride.

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
anyone with a brain would fully dynamat their car before installing this system, so I dont plan to have any rattles. And it doesn't sound like shit to me. I love the sound of the stock stereo. $900 is way less than I would spend if I had an aftermarket stereo installed in my car so this is a bargain to me, as well as being way cooler.

Besides the fact that I dont intend to turn my stereo up loud enough to share it with the neighborhood. That's just rude. I want the same sound as the Mach 460 inside the car with the windows rolled up during comfortable driving, but with more bass punch and depth. That's what this stereo "system" is designed to do.

Last edited:

Steel City Pimp

Established Member
anyone with a brain would fully dynamat their car before installing this system, so I dont plan to have any rattles. And it doesn't sound like shit to me. I love the sound of the stock stereo. $900 is way less than I would spend if I had an aftermarket stereo installed in my car so this is a bargain to me, as well as being way cooler.

Besides the fact that I dont intend to turn my stereo up loud enough to share it with the neighborhood. That's just rude. I want the same sound as the Mach 460 inside the car with the windows rolled up during comfortable driving, but with more bass punch and depth. That's what this stereo "system" is designed to do.

:loser:

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Very coolest part is...its my car, so I get to decide what to buy for it, and there aint a single thing you can do about it! Doesn't that ROCK?

Users who are viewing this thread