Anyone put 2000 Cobra R body parts on 03?

jeffsavage

Established Member
I really love the look of the 2000 Cobra R. Was thinking on my silver 03 a R Hood, front splitter, rear wing and rear bumper would look pretty cool. I think they will all fit, except I wonder about the hood? Will it fit and also will it provide proper cooling since there wouldn't be any heat extractors.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Well for the splitter to fit, you will need the 99/01 style bumper. You will also need the bumper to fit with the hood, as I am almost positive hoods for earlier cars (Saleen and Cobra) leave a gap between the sides of the grill (horsey area) and hood.

CuLaTeR

Established Member
The cobra R parts are and should stay on the cobra R only. I just think the body of the 03 should be left alone.

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
The Cobra R "parts" are just as applicable on your car as on any other model of the Mustang. Do what pleases you.

L3thal 324

Established Member
i LOVE the way the 03's look personally i wouldn't change a damned thing about them.... except for hte 18" chromies :thumbsup:

CraZeeSTanG

Established Member
if anyone ever wants to trade a 03 front bumper for a 01 cobra bumper let me know...Just PM me..

Lthl Venom 03

give me more boost!
Established Member
i can understand changing the looks on a v6... or a gt... but i dont understand why anyone would want body kits on a bullit, mach 1, and much less... a 2003 cobra. these are special cars, dont see why you would to change its look. but hey go for whatever floats ur boat, burns ur rubber and makes ur twinky cream...

do i smell rice...?

Friendchicken

IMO, rice would be putting the splitter and wing on a V6. It may rub you the wrong way, but that doesn't mean it's rice.

Alot of people here are looking for splitters and such for our cars- why is it wrong to install an OEM splitter/wing? Would you rather people put the bi-plane aluminum wings on instead?

bond99

Established Member
do what ya like jeff-some off these guys sound like wine and cheese boy's that read too much Car and Driver-lol--on a serious note-I saw an 03 Cobra specific R spliter ad on that you dont need a new bumper cover for-I dont remember the site I saw it on-but if you do some digging I'm sure you can hunt it down-good luck

Juiced-03

Established Member
I think the only thing I would change as far as body parts would be the hood. I like the hood and everything but I recently saw the Cervini Hood and it was awesome to say the least! I would love a saleen body kit but I couldnt do it to a new cobra. But to those few people who have the actual cobra/saleen 03 you guys are lucky SOB's!

149_600.jpg

Last edited:

Friendchicken

Originally posted by bond99
do what ya like jeff-some off these guys sound like wine and cheese boy's that read too much Car and Driver-lol--on a serious note-I saw an 03 Cobra specific R spliter ad on that you dont need a new bumper cover for-I dont remember the site I saw it on-but if you do some digging I'm sure you can hunt it down-good luck

you mean this?

http://www.mustangweekly.com/2003/May/svtoa/svtoa-end.asp

jeffsavage

Established Member
Wow, didn't expect so many negative comments...

Just to retort, why do so many people change wheels on their Cobras, if the stock Cobra ones are so great looking? Personally I think some of the wheels I have seen on people's cars on this board are way too ghetto, but that is my opinion and keep it to myself.

I just happen to love the look of the R body modifications. I do not want to "rice" out my 03 Cobra and I dislike the over the top bling bling ricemobiles on the road as well. I actually would love to own a 2000 R but it would be hard to justify to the signifigant other not having radio, a/c, rear seat, kidney busting shocks, etc.

SVT Muscle

Established Member
The 99/01 front bumper does not have the large opening for the intercooler. Putting the bumper on to match the splitter would probably decrease airflow to it.

Code Yellow

Established Member
I know you guys are talking about your 03 Cobras but I put a Cobra R kit on my 01 Cobra and I love it! Everything bolted up to factor specs. I'm having custom vents cut into my hood so my supercharger can breath but other than that I have had no problems and parts fit nicely, no gaps. :rolling:

Last edited:

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Originally posted by svtang03
do i smell rice...?

I hope you are kidding. :shrug: The term "rice" gets thrown around way to much now a days. I was always under the impression that rice was throwing a fart pipe, stickers, huge wings and UGLY body kits on but have nothing to back it up with. :shrug: I mean this guys is looking to do something that in my opinion is simply amazing looking. The 2000 R has got to be in the top 5 best looking cars ever made. Plus he has big power to back it up. I can see voicing your opinion to an extent, but to call it rice is just plain dumb. Now if he was putting clear tail lights on it I might had a few choice words but luckily he isn't. :D Jeff do what you want, it is your car. Maybe some people are just jealous. I would love an "R" spliiter and wing on my Cobra. -Mat- :thumbsup:

coleman

Established Member
Code Yellow, yes, i've seen your car next to olchakla at that last SVTtexas picnic. I've always been wanting one, but balked when it comes to ordering a new trunk lid, with all the parts, & painting $$$ :(

and will that, i'm at 2,000 posts...

jeffsavage

Established Member
Originally posted by Code Yellow
I know you guys are talking about your 03 Cobras but I put a Cobra R kit on my 01 Cobra and I love it! Everything bolted up to factor specs. I'm having custom vents cut into my hood so my supercharger can breath but other than that I have had no problems and parts fit nicely, no gaps. :rolling:

Your car looks great. That's just what I wanted to do to my 03. I doubt the hood would work but I am going to make a call to Cervani. Is that the brand you put on?

Code Yellow

Established Member
Coleman - When I was LSP last weekend and after talking to few guys I heard what you've done to yours though an R wing would look sweet!

All my parts came from Cervani's and I was pretty happy with them since they are after market parts. Just make sure when they are shipped to your door to inspect thoroughly for damage before the deliveryman leaves.

Users who are viewing this thread