anyone put 6-speed in a fox???

93deznutsblown

Could be faster than u!!!
Established Member
Just doing some feeling out about the subject. I'd luv to put one in my 93 Cobra, but $$$$$$$ are short rite now...

???????What kind of mile per gallon ya getting???
???????Any issues with 350-425 horses???
Really would just like any info someone has that has done the swap.... Thanks:coolman:

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
There is a guy on a local board that has a t56 in his fox with a 331. If you want, i can get you his email or something. Or you can come to stlmustangs and look for Blown 331. Hes got a supercharged 5.4L (331) with a 6 spd.

93deznutsblown

Established Member
Scream.... email will be great.. I'll also check that site out. thanks for the help...:coolman:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Originally posted by Scream'nCobra
There is a guy on a local board that has a t56 in his fox with a 331. If you want, i can get you his email or something. Or you can come to stlmustangs and look for Blown 331. Hes got a supercharged 5.4L (331) with a 6 spd.

Is it a stroked 302 to 331 or a factory modular 5.4 liter from ford?

FATHERFORD

Established Member
There is a group has a t56 in there 88 2.3 turbo coupe. I have and am REALLY considering putting a t56 that I have behind my 2.6turbo in my pace car.

I have seen it done, lots of fabricating, but sounds well worth it.

87fcoupe

Mustang Madness
Established Member
I have a friend that has 6 speed in his fox coupe.But i have several friends with the G force 5 speed awesome trannys too.

93deznutsblown

Established Member
Originally posted by 87fcoupe
I have a friend that has 6 speed in his fox coupe.But i have several friends with the G force 5 speed awesome trannys too.

How do i get in touch with your friend with the 6-speed??You can PM with the info also. Thanks.:coolman:

ReducedFat

THE PONTIFICATOR
Established Member
There was a guy out here with a six speed in his notch. INCREDIBLE car. Full Griggs suspension, huge Baer brakes, T-56 with viper ratios, twin turbos, every mod you could think of.

600/600 to the wheels and the torque got there before 3k rpms.

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
I PM'd the guy on my local board. This is what he said...

"Yeah it's a DSS 331. Just a 302 stroker nothing fancy. I have a D&D Viper T-56 behind it. I just bought the kit from them and it goes right in, pretty easy. You just have to weld new mounts for the cross member and other than that it's a bolt in. They supply everything you need.
This is the one I got. The Viper spec also have a .50 over drive which is awesome, the cheaper ones don't have it.

BA2 Ford/Viper 5.0/5.8 550 lb-ft 2.66 Close Ratio( $2499)"

ddperformancet56

If you want more info, let me know. I can get his email too if you still want it.

93deznutsblown

Established Member
bump...anyone on the site with a 6-speed in a fox???? I find that strange.......if yes PM I'd like some details....:rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread