anyone put gauges under the cd player?

95S/Ccobra

Established Member
i have two gauges up where my clock was but i want to put the clock back and move them to just under the cd player in that cubby hole thing does anyone make a plate for it or anyone made a custom one??

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
I think Dano's done it to his...Looks sweet as he!! too...Look on the cd player thread..I think he posted a link to some pics somewhere in there...Or you could PM him...

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
95S/Ccobra

Yeah, as you probably saw, my gauge is in the old radio slot, with an aftermarket AM/FM/CD unit in the old CD slot. I think I have seen something where you can mount things in the HotPoint [?] (access. plug-in socket) sspace. It must have replaced that whole plastic unit. I'll check around and see if I can find it.

Last edited:

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I fabricated my own panel from SS. If you buy the delete panel for $30 whatever, you're STILL going to have to cut a hole for the gauge. What's the best bargain?

95S/Ccobra
If you read the dimensions of the metal I used, it can be made, sanded & painted in about 2 hours or so. Making the cutout for the gauge would be easy with a Dremel tool. Just make sure the diameter of the gauge is small enough to fit the hole. Some of the better (pretty) looking gauges don't come that small.

My E-mail's on the Web Page if you have any questions.

1 BA SVT

your momma likes it
Established Member
fb32e669.jpg

heres mine.

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
Hey BA, can you get me a close up shot of that setup for the gauges. That looks nice. That's exactly where i wanna put my gauges. I like Dano's too, but the gauges are in the wrong place...suppose i can change it though.

Thanks,
David

Last edited:

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
1 BA SVT

That's a great looking set-up. Are they mounted on a delete panel, or is it one of your own? Looks cool.

1 BA SVT

your momma likes it
Established Member
Originally posted by raven69david
Hey BA, can you get me a close up shot of that setup for the gauges. That looks nice. That's exactly where i wanna put my gauges. I like Dano's too, but the gauges are in the wrong place...suppose i can change it though.

Thanks,
David

Yeah I'll post some more pictures of the guages when I get the car back. It should be this weekend if everything goes well.

1 BA SVT

your momma likes it
Established Member
Originally posted by Dano
1 BA SVT

That's a great looking set-up. Are they mounted on a delete panel, or is it one of your own? Looks cool.

Thank you. This is actually a panel I made. I wish I could tell you what I made it from but I've forgoten. It was something a buddy of mine just had laying around in his garage. I'll ask him and see if he remembers what it is.

Also where did you get this
knob1.jpg

Last edited:

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Cobraguy01 had it for sale in a post a couple of weeks back ( "sweet retro shift knob"), for $20 shipped. I bought it. Kind of a hand-full, but it looks great, I think.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I know I've seen it on one of the distributor's Web Sites.
The box it came in said:
"Pro Signature Series Shifter Knob."
AllStar Sportsline Products, Inc.
PO Box 126, Cumberland, Maryland 21501-0126
No phone number.

There was the remnants of a price sticker on it: said "$30."

The Web Site on the box is:
www.allstarspi.com
The Web Site is having problems right now - they have a trouble message up.

Users who are viewing this thread