Anyone put stock springs back on??

tec7426

Established Member
I had H&R SS springs put on my car and after about a year, I am thinking of going back to stock springs. The car is simply too low and scrapes on many occasions. Too much of a PITA. Anyone else gone back??

evans03c

1% evil, 99% hot air
Established Member
Maybe you could put some spacers in there just to raise it up a little. My Kenny Brown springs came with some spacers to help with getting the car level. Maybe they would sell them separate. It sucks if you're car scrapes but the stock springs just make it too high.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
tec7426 said:
I had H&R SS springs put on my car and after about a year, I am thinking of going back to stock springs. The car is simply too low and scrapes on many occasions. Too much of a PITA. Anyone else gone back??

I had cut springs in the back, scraped too much, went back to stock ones.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
KB springs are great, they looked wonderful with the drop. The only scraping problems occur with the front end such as speed bumps, rail road tracks in poor condition, entering an incline, a steep driveway, etc. On a side note, I wrecked my stock heat exchanger with the STOCK springs from a DIP entering a parking lot.

To get the height up, I had the Maximum Motorsports 03-04 Cobra front and rear spring isolators installed and the car realigned.

The front went up about one inch, the rear went up about 1.25/1.50" with the MM isolators.

The difference between H&R's and Steedas VS. the KB are Progressive and Linear.

Stock springs and KB springs and both Linear rate. The KB springs run a little stiffer than stock so they do handle better. Not knocking progressive rate springs, they are probably a good option as well and it is simply preference.

Users who are viewing this thread