Anyone ran a stock gtr with a bolt on termi?

First-on-race-day

Established Member
Well i ran a stock gtr unknow year vs my bolt on 03 cobra. My car makes about 450whp. Well i got waxed. I started in 2nd from a roll clean start, and by the end of 3rd he had already pulled a bus length away and if i would of gone into 4th he would of pulled 2 bus lenghts and some haha.
My downstreams were in the 130+ range when we started, ambien was 90+. Could their be something wrong w my car or has anyone race one with similar results?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
Depends on the year. I think around 2015 they were over 500hp. Don't forget awd and all the fancy stuff to plant the power.

I'd love to have one.

Blackwhines

Established Member
My buddy has one, it crazy how fast those are out of the box. Destroys my stock cobra.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The early year GTRs are solid 118 trap cars. If your bolt on Cobra runs great and you drive the hell out of it, you can win vs and early year GTR. If you **** around with a later year GTR, you will find out (short of having a max effort ported set up or a twin screw swap).

First-on-race-day

Established Member
The early year GTRs are solid 118 trap cars. If your bolt on Cobra runs great and you drive the hell out of it, you can win vs and early year GTR. If you **** around with a later year GTR, you will find out (short of having a max effort ported set up or a twin screw swap).
Well i think this gtr is a stock 2013 or 2014 but it dusted me big time. Time for ported blower and a 100octane tune i guess

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'd scratch the 100 octane and go fuel system and E85. Cheaper and easier to find.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Well i think this gtr is a stock 2013 or 2014 but it dusted me big time. Time for ported blower and a 100octane tune i guess

probably. Keep in mind that when I say a ported blower set up can take one of the latter models, I mean ported AND MAX EFFORT, not your typical ported cobra on race fuel or e85.

Those damn GTRs are extremely efficient and under rated. They are heavy and dyno numbers are unimpressive but they move like Ritterhouse’s rounds coming out of the muzzle and enforcing freedom!

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Ive ran against a few....... smoked all of em. I know they're are some really fast ones but most are under a 1000 whp.

Sounds about right for a GTR. They don't call them godzilla just because they come from Japan.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Ive ran against a few....... smoked all of em...most are under a 1000 whp.

Most of us are still down here on planet Earth in the 450-600whp range. I lol'd cuz the way you said it/I read it made it sound like 1000whp was no big deal. "Oh yeah. I smoke 'em all the GD time! Those pansies aren't even crackin' four digits power figures. Hardly worth my time." lol

First-on-race-day

Established Member
probably. Keep in mind that when I say a ported blower set up can take one of the latter models, I mean ported AND MAX EFFORT, not your typical ported cobra on race fuel or e85.

Those damn GTRs are extremely efficient and under rated. They are heavy and dyno numbers are unimpressive but they move like Ritterhouse’s rounds coming out of the muzzle and enforcing freedom!
Well my car has acufab t/b and inlet,BAP,Jlt Cai,headers and full exhaust,mafia maf, and a 2.76 upper tuned on 93. Not planning on a fuel system yet and no e85 around me but we do have some unleaded 100 race gas. You guys think a killer chiller,port, injectors and 100 race gas tune will get me there?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Well my car has acufab t/b and inlet,BAP,Jlt Cai,headers and full exhaust,mafia maf, and a 2.76 upper tuned on 93. Not planning on a fuel system yet and no e85 around me but we do have some unleaded 100 race gas. You guys think a killer chiller,port, injectors and 100 race gas tune will get me there?

Nope. Not even close (for the later models). Once you are consistently trapping 125, I’d say you are ready for a stock later models.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
lol I know a 1000 whp is a big deal I just meant that some ppl watch a few utube videos and think they all make 1600 whp lol or whatever but that hasn't been met experience and we got some fast ass GTR's around here and I know there are a few that would probably put Bus lengths on me.....

Remember "The Shop" which is notorious around the country for building some of the fastest GTR's is 10 minutes from my house lol so trust me I dont take them lightly at all I know there are some beasts out there I jus haven't ran into one yet lol!

Most of us are still down here on planet Earth in the 450-600whp range. I lol'd cuz the way you said it/I read it made it sound like 1000whp was no big deal. "Oh yeah. I smoke 'em all the GD time! Those pansies aren't even crackin' four digits power figures. Hardly worth my time." lol

KBR

Established Member
I ran one that was right behind me off of a highway on ramp. We both went for it and I was able to stay in front of him. He only caught me when I let off due to traffic. I'm at 670ish hp though.

RCMPSVT

Established Member
Those cars are awesome and I wanted one for the longest time but good lord they are expensive to maintain. I heard somewhere if you need to rebuild the tranny its like 7K bucks

Users who are viewing this thread