Anyone ran the Firehawk Indy 500s?

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
The 275 40 up front look good.

Your running only a 275 in the rear? I wonder if running the 305 rear on stock tires would be ok or not I’m assuming it would be if people run the 555Rs and other at a 305

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
I run these tires with 275/35-20 fronts on a 9" wheel and 305/35-20 rears on a 10.5" wheel. They drive nice. The 305s are taller and that kills some gear making them hook better, however, they won't hook like a drag radial or slick. I'm north of 700 to the wheels and have a BMR suspension.

Yea I’ll be running all BMR suspension but stock diameter wheels. I don’t expect them to hook like a drag but from what people have said they apparently are pretty close

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

kwarnerjr

Established Member
I have BMR goodies and these tires...zero complaints.

For a daily driver application they are a good buy, the price is definitely attractive. They have no where near the grip of a DR or slick but they shouldn’t be expected too.

I do think they are a little lazy on fast turns compared to the stock GY’s, but it’s a small difference.

I’m ballbark 650ish rwhp and can get on it pretty hard in a straight line.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SirShaun

Established Member
Are they that much cheaper than something proven? Say the ExtremeContact Continental DW? I'm really enjoying the Nitto 555 G2s, as they have impressed for daily ability.

moncho

Established Member
Are they that much cheaper than something proven? Say the ExtremeContact Continental DW? I'm really enjoying the Nitto 555 G2s, as they have impressed for daily ability.

I really like my 555 G2's as well. Well rounded tires for everyday use. I found them reasonably priced as well.

Cheers

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
I am not sure about the 555 G2s only seen people run those out front and have a DR on back.

Have not seen what people say about those extreme contacts but have seen reviews on these and yea they are cheap as S**T I can get a set in stock sizes or do the 275 up front and 305 out back and get them for 700

MastaAce03

Established Member
I had the g2s on my 07 as well. I was at around 550whp and liked those tires a lot. Squeal like a bitch when they break lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I just bought a set of 4 for my terminator. I like them so far.

I wouldn't say they hook, though.

1BDCBRA

I purchased 4 of them 2 months ago as an economical option for the street, I read many good reviews about them online and suprisingly even read about some smaller cars running Autocross with them, Although I wouldnt attempt that myself.

My 2007 is Tvs swapped and in the 650hp range and im impressed for what the price point is on them.

The only downside is I could only find 275/40-18 for the rear but stock size was available for the front.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread