Anyone recently selected for OTS(Air Force)?

yelostang

Established Member
Has anyone here been selected recently? I've heard that the last board for the year has been canceled and that unless you are ROTC, or from the Academy, you are pretty much SOL.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
wouldnt doubt it. were in force shaping now once again.
I'd have to do more research. But I heard from a few different Chiefs that if you were to look at any of the major force shaping programs within the last couple years a new uniform or uniform change has coincided with it. They speculated that is for the purpose of distracting the greater majority from the negative that is us losing a lot of good people.

nitemarestang

Bush Wookie
Established Member
I'd have to do more research. But I heard from a few different Chiefs that if you were to look at any of the major force shaping programs within the last couple years a new uniform or uniform change has coincided with it. They speculated that is for the purpose of distracting the greater majority from the negative that is us losing a lot of good people.

yea, wouldnt doubt it. in my afsc people really dont stay in long, security forces. and il be joining them in getting out early 2013. 9 en half years is all i can take of this bs

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
yea, wouldnt doubt it. in my afsc people really dont stay in long, security forces. and il be joining them in getting out early 2013. 9 en half years is all i can take of this bs

So that puts you at 6 years at the moment? Why don't you try to cross train? My wife got out and now she is trying to get back in because there are no jobs here in Tucson. A lot easier trying to cross train than get back in.....

nitemarestang

Bush Wookie
Established Member
So that puts you at 6 years at the moment? Why don't you try to cross train? My wife got out and now she is trying to get back in because there are no jobs here in Tucson. A lot easier trying to cross train than get back in.....
on 7th now. im just done wit the military, time for me to move on. the last straws have been taken :shrug:.

yelostang

Established Member
maybe so bro. but id rather be happy and enjoying life than not be :shrug:

I completely understand. I really enjoyed what I did, and the people I worked with, but ended up feeling the same way you do. I had some REALLY bad supervisors that made me want to get out so that's what I did. I don't regret my decision because in just 9 months I'll have a B.S.E.E. and I figure that should open a few doors for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread