Anyone regret trading/selling their 11-14 GT in on a 15 GT?

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Should have waited on the RS. ST to RS is an upgrade you will be dying to do, those cars are going to be beasts.

Should've waited to spend twice as much as he did on a Focus ST? I like the RS, I think it's really cool, but they're targeting the people who just think they'll die if they don't get one. It's a $45,000 MSRP Focus. Think about that for a second. It's $3000 less than the base price of a GT350.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Should've waited to spend twice as much as he did on a Focus ST? I like the RS, I think it's really cool, but they're targeting the people who just think they'll die if they don't get one. It's a $45,000 MSRP Focus. Think about that for a second. It's $3000 less than the base price of a GT350.

The pricing isn't out, so it is NOT a $45,000 MSRP Focus

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Maybe pricing isn't out yet, but that's what the estimates are for it. I doubt it's going to be competitive with the price of the ST.

e010740

Established Member
Sold my 12 premium A6 GT two months ago. Loved the car, it was sad when it left me. It took me 6 days to find a 15 premium M6 GT, and I never looked back. Both cars were not my DD, but this 15, I can't seem to put it away during the week. I have put 1,700 miles on it in two months. It is a fun car to drive! As many people have said, the ride is much better.

Branhammer

Established Member
I came from a 96 GT, but I test drove a 2014 GT, a 2015 Camaro SS, a 2015 Challenger RT Scat Pack, and a 2015 Eco and GT. The only car I even REMOTELY considered over the 2015 GT was the Scat Pack simply because it had pretty bad-ass interior, exhaust note, and the whole "big dumb beast of a muscle-car" factor was appealing to me. But with a gas-guzzler tax (or automatic transmission option) and the dealership not budging from MSRP (only would come down from the dealer markup because the Scat Pack was "rare"), It was going to cost me over $10k more than my 2015 GT. The GT will annihilate the Challenger around the track so it was a no-brainer. To me, the 2014 did not even compare other than in a straight line, and you really can't feel that 10th of a second 1/4 mile difference.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Maybe pricing isn't out yet, but that's what the estimates are for it. I doubt it's going to be competitive with the price of the ST.

That's the estimates for a FULLY LOADED RS, not the base model. Base model pricing should be competitive with the Subaru WRX STi. So around 33-37k.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Which is $10,000+ more than the starting price of the ST. So, it's not a competitor for the ST.

Maybe I'm not correct on the $45,000 price, but I was trying to make a point that it's not in the same ballpark as the ST.

bunk22

Established Member
\i don't regret it all...im in dubai, traveling home from afghanistan and the caps on the keyboards don't work lol i had 2012 mustang gt, had a hot air intake, kooks 1 3/4 long-tubes, x pipe with cats, cat back, made 425rwhp/400rwtq sae so nothing to write home about but it was fun. i don't race anymore, like i did with my old modified 2005 c6 vette and the 12 never really did it for me. i will do the same mods to this car, make it nice driver around town. i really think the 15 mustang is on par with my c6 vette but better interior, maybe a tad slower stock due to its weight. overall, i think it's a much better ride than my 2012.

Last edited:

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
2015 FINALLY has seats that are actually comfortable and use the headrest in a neutral seating position. Crazy comfortable seats.

TrackpackGT

Established Member
I've test driven several cars since that 15 GT, but now my salesman hasn't followed up on me because there isn't a regular GT perf pack car in his inventory of numerous stores. That's what I would need to fit my budget. The only one they have is guard metallic and it's 200 miles away, so I won't gamble on one I haven't seen and a Ford dealer friend said he hated that color. The only two I've found within 200 miles are white and orange. I'm also considering a local super sick clean 2003 Corvette Z06 in electron blue with 13k miles. (It's $7k less)

TrackpackGT

Established Member
Weird, I'm getting emails with responses to this thread, but nothing shows on the forum. Thanks for your input Budwise. Quite helpful for what I'm looking for.

TrackpackGT

Established Member
Finally made my first 1/4 mile passes in my 14 last night at Fayetteville. Still in the low 80's and humid, track not hooking unless you were on a real tire. I ran a 13.18 @108.75 with a 2.10 right off the 90 minute drive there. Next pass with a 30 min rest ran 13.00 @ 109.97 2.11 60ft. Car was wheel hopping and spinning leaving around 1800-2000 rpms. Tried a SCT x4 preload tune and definitely felt the difference. It spun going into 2nd, 3rd, and chirped 4th on a 12.84 @ 111 2.07 60ft. I ran a super cool guy named Alex in his 15 GT PP with CAI, tune, poly engine/trans mounts, some sort of rear diff brace/mount on my last pass. We both sucked out of the hole, I ran a 13.27 @ 109.2 to his 13.26 @ 111- I got the W because of my .610 light. Pulled a .634 light on a Pontiac G8GT that ran 11.86, and a .580 light on a new Stingray on spray who ran 11.52 @ 121 to my 13.00.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
585 whp 11 to a 15 here and I would do it again tomorrow. Will be better once I get the blower for the 15 haha

TrackpackGT

Established Member
Wow, sure are a lot of folks who love them. I was hanging out with a guy with one at the dragstrip. He just pointed out that shops are still trying to crack the ecm for programming and it's a bit of a pain to work on compared to his 12 GT. His did mph a tad more than mine with his mods.
I guess the really hard decision is new 16 SS, 15 GT PP, or keep mine and mod it. If I buy one of the newer cars, I can't really justify doing much to them since I would be taking on $7k more debt minimum.

StangMan04

Established Member
Wow, sure are a lot of folks who love them. I was hanging out with a guy with one at the dragstrip. He just pointed out that shops are still trying to crack the ecm for programming and it's a bit of a pain to work on compared to his 12 GT. His did mph a tad more than mine with his mods.
I guess the really hard decision is new 16 SS, 15 GT PP, or keep mine and mod it. If I buy one of the newer cars, I can't really justify doing much to them since I would be taking on $7k more debt minimum.

Sounds like you answered your question. Keep your current ride.

TrackpackGT

Established Member
Problem is, it's just a payment either way. I'm really not sure my other half means I can spend what I want on it either. She may be referring to me spending my birthday/Christmas money on it, which isn't much. IF the dealership actually had the car where I could go sit in it and drive it, I'd really have an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread