Anyone remove that thing under your hood?

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
dont complain if the hood starts looking like the hood on a 89 tempo:bash: as for the "fire shield" reference, the only thing its on there for is minor sound insulation and to protect the hood paint. Just open up the holes around the vents a little bit and leave it there. If it gets a little nasty looking over time, just buy another one from ford.

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
If u have an itch to race smack talking, fast, single turbo Supras..then yea. When Blades comes back i'll be making a trip up there.

Leave the hood blanket on unless someone can chime in they've had there's off for over 1 year.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Established Member
PAINT IT

Mine had serious water damage. Only had the car for a couple weeks, had done a couple power washes and it had been thru 2 rainshowers and the blanket had water damage around the vents.

After I cut the vents open and edged the cutouts with trim, I repainted the blanket.

Looks great, and costs less than replacing. Be sure to use high temp paint. I did mine black and painted the letters red. Very nice effect. You can find the paint at any Lowe's Hardware.

Anyhow, like Xplicit said, unless someone here has had theirs off for an entire cycle of seasons (and that includes the dog days of summer and the depth of winter) I'd leave it on.

:coolman:

Last edited:

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Re: PAINT IT

Originally posted by Mowgli
Be sure to use high temp paint. I did mine black and painted the letters red. Very nice effect. You can find the paint at any Lowe's Hardware.
Best idea.

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by Xplicit
If u have an itch to race smack talking, fast, single turbo Supras..then yea. When Blades comes back i'll be making a trip up there.

Leave the hood blanket on unless someone can chime in they've had there's off for over 1 year.

blades beat one of them right? A single turbo should own me on the highway easy.

Users who are viewing this thread