anyone runnin a kb 3.2lc on a stock inturnals car ....iam shoping for a new blower

Snkbite04

Established Member
I got all supporting mods but am told 20psi is the top for pump gas and sana go bigger then the 2.8m ...if I can use the 3.2 I want to so if I wana go up down the rd I can ???????

stangfreak

Established Member
No idea what you are trying to say or do but, if your going to run a 3.2L blower on pump gas your wasting your money. especially on a stock motor. If you plan to run proper boost, e85 or race gas then its the right blower. Built motor would be even better. stock motor, low boost, pump gas....no. your better off with a smaller blower. TVS would be ideal

ctgreddy

Established Member
^while he's true, I wouldn't say you're even close to wasting your money. Sounds like you want ~650whp now, but will want more in the future. Sounds like either a 2.8 mammoth, 3.2, or 2.9 whipple is what you'd need. Sure a 2.3 tvs or whipple will make close to the same power as you'll make for now. But once you either have the fuel system to do e85 or build the engine, you'd have to buy another blower again if you want more than 700whp. My 2.8M made 650whp at 19lbs on pump gas with 16 degrees of timing. That's a conservative tune, stock exhaust manifolds, and regular ole 93. Now I made 722 with 21lbs, 18degrees and e85. If you think you'll want more than 700 in the future, I'd go with a bigger blower such as the 2.8/3.2 or 2.9.

s351

Established Member
^^^^ What stangfreak said is correct, unless your going to actually spin that big blower its a waste on pump gas. It's like running a whipple 2.3 on 14-15 pounds of boost, A ported eaton would hurt that whipple cars feelings. Just like a 2.3 setup on 17-18 pounds would probably out run that 3.2 on the same boost level.

Look at the procharger f1a, guys on stock motors most of them don't work out to well, and notice I say most before anyone jumps on me.

If your running e85 then by all means spin it to the moon. Everything also changes if you build ur motor, heads, cams, compression etc.

Last edited:

s351

Established Member
And also 20 psi on pump gas is kinda pointless because your going to have zero timing in it. Run 17-18 and put more timing in it and have a lot more fun.

stangfreak

Established Member
Just remember dont get caught up with peak NUMBERS from a low boosted big twinscrew. I ran my 2.4 kenne bell on 15lbs and 17lbs. This was ages ago. I took it off and put back a ported eaton with agressive pulley combo. SOTP the eaton was hitting hard like a motha fkuca and felt stronger and faster than my low boosted kb. I know someone who was offered a 2.2 kb bc of his driving skills and he declined the offer. He didnt want to run 19 20lbs at the time back in the day on the stock motor. Plus they spit out oil all over the place lol.

If in the future you want to grow, go ahead. The 3.2 is a big blower just warning you. Pick your blower correctly for the combo you want to run. How many times have you heard, " man my 18lb 3.4 whipple on pump gas doenst hit hard down low" "why doesnt my car have any low end, I got a huge blower???" I heard that statement for 12 years. It was worse back in the day because people were new to this car and loved how the little eaton hit down low. so they complained. Im not a guru but I had lots of different blowers and was friends with many fast terminator guys.

And again this is my opinion, Im not a fan of the mammoth kits. They work dont get me wrong. There fast and make BIG power. I just dont like to swap the intake on the driver side, cut this, splice that, change this, and a cut a hole in my car. Plus, I think the 3.2 is only offered with the LC option. again, not a fan of the liquid cooled blowers. Kb should have made a inlet like the whipple crusher to keep the intake on the passanger side.

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
I don't think I'd go above a 2.8/2.9 unless you planned on building the motor. It also sounds like anything north of the 2.8/2.9 blowers can add up to lower pulley issues.

I just went through this myself as I had a 2.3 Whipple and was considering going with a 2.9 Whipple but between the non removable inlet and the fact that I'd be forced to run e85 only made me go TVS.

Users who are viewing this thread