anyone runnin coilovers on all 4 corners?

blown up 98

Established Member
i am going to use the car basically for street use and i already have them on the front. i was just wondering if they are good for the street i want to lower the rear and this is an option i guess

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
ive never heard of people only running coilovers in just the front or rears. So the better question is who runs coilovers in the fronts or rears only?

1KleenSVT

Established Member
I have bilstein adjustable coilovers front and rear, ride is a bit rough but i like em, and they are so easy to adjust i adjusted them on sunday and dropped the rear 1".

pacgreencobra

Established Member
ive never heard of people only running coilovers in just the front or rears. So the better question is who runs coilovers in the fronts or rears only?

I've got them in the front only, big handling improvement just have to match front and rear spring rates.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I'm running coilovers on all four, honestly the ride is a bit too rough for the street, the spring rate is supposed to be the next step up from street, but it feels more like 2 or three steps, but then again my car has very littl eif any chassis flex so that may be part of the reason I feel all ruts and holes in the road no matter what

My94GT

Established Member
i run just fronts and like them alot but ive been thinking about getting a set up for the rear too in the near future

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member

Seriously? Tons of people run tubular k-members and coilovers setups in the front without changing the rear. I had coilovers on the front only on my '03 GT and my current Cobra. Wanted rear coilovers on both, but it's been too expensive so far.

As for a harsh ride, you can get coilover springs for good handling characteristics and still have a decent ride because of the difference in wheel rate over the stock setup.

Also, what is considered 'good for the street' and 'good ride quality'? What I think is a good ride, others probably think is way too harsh. Normally front coilovers springs that are 300-325# are good for the street, but I had 400# springs on my GT and thought the ride was perfect. I'm willing to give up a plush ride for great handling around corners. Some people aren't.

Talk to the guys at maximum motorsports and they will tell you what coilover spring rates and shocks will be good on the street.

blown up 98

Established Member
thanks for all the imput i think im going to order them for the rear. i finally got the car back out on the road last nite after a 10 month "project"

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
Seriously? Tons of people run tubular k-members and coilovers setups in the front without changing the rear. I had coilovers on the front only on my '03 GT and my current Cobra. Wanted rear coilovers on both, but it's been too expensive so far.

As for a harsh ride, you can get coilover springs for good handling characteristics and still have a decent ride because of the difference in wheel rate over the stock setup.

Also, what is considered 'good for the street' and 'good ride quality'? What I think is a good ride, others probably think is way too harsh. Normally front coilovers springs that are 300-325# are good for the street, but I had 400# springs on my GT and thought the ride was perfect. I'm willing to give up a plush ride for great handling around corners. Some people aren't.

Talk to the guys at maximum motorsports and they will tell you what coilover spring rates and shocks will be good on the street.

Haha, I swapped my 250# springs for 170# springs to soften up the front. Then again I care more about straight line than anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread