anyone running custom xpipes ?

wildwill532

Established Member
curious if anyone's running custom offroad xpipes vs. paying 450-500 for an aftermarket unit for long tube headers? I searched but nothing came up but American Racing and kooks ect.. if so how do you like them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Ethereal_Zer0

Established Member
I'm not on my GT 500, but I have had a custom x-pipe on my 94 Cobra for years and I love it. I think it cost like $50-$80... I believe I got it from Magnaflow? :shrug: I could be wrong though, I went through about 12 exhaust systems on that car lol. Finally ended up with the custom x-pipe and some custom side exhaust that I made at work. Sounds beastly :rockon:

docjupa24

livin the dream
Established Member
I had the factory cats cut out of my stock pipe and reused the pipe to fit the long tubes on my 2010, saved some money.....sounds fantastic

Jp Short

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
This one is a custom piece that is currently for sale onthe market forum but is for stock manifolds. The exhaust for these cars are most certainly "pricey". The H pipe aftermarket offerings are absurd. I feel there would be a huge market for some decently priced aftermarket H pipes but no one will step up to the plate.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/exhaust-283/822928-offroad-x-07-09-150-ship.html

img0937pj.jpg

wildwill532

Established Member
that's what I was thinking 500 for header x or h pipes... a little extreme even with stainless steel

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

DaFreak

Established Member
I went with the StainlessWorks O/R X from Van. It's super high quality, bolts right up the OEM manifolds and runs great. It's 304 SS, not aluminized.

DSC03091.jpg

Give Van a call or check out RevanRacing.com

Yellow Horse

Established Member
I asked if the stock x-pipe on my 2010 could be modified to fit the Dynatech long tube headers I was buying a few months ago but did not get too much feedback. I went ahead and ordered the Dynatech catted x-pipe. I dropped my x-pipe two weeks ago to look at my cats because some people have been having problems and sure enough mine were starting to fail. It was not too bad and I caught it in time. I have always like the stock x-pipe because the x is formed like a Bassani. I measured the distance between the collects on my LT's and found I had to widen my stock x-pipe 3/4 inch. I cut the pipes entering the x and lengthened them by 1/2" and they mated up perfect. I ordered a set of pipes from Dynatech to replace the cats. I also shortened the tubes just in front of the axle 6 inches that will allow me to put in a set of OBD2 compliant cats for inspection. Then I cut my x-pipe to fit in between. I have the car on blocks getting it ready to race for once. I fired it and it sounds damned good. Better than I thought it would. I would like ot drive it but it's too cold and too wet. When I get my one piece axle I will drop the x-pipe and shoot a few pics.

If you want to save $400-500, this is easy to do and I'm sure it can be done with any brand.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread