Anyone running koni yellows?

3Stang

YMR# 9631
Established Member
If so how do you like them? I love them on my E36 bmw with h and r sports. Looking to possibly do the same setup since my 04 cobra os still stock suspension wise

jpk

Established Member
I used the Koni Yellows on my 1996 SVT Cobra with H&R Race Springs. I loved them. Had them set to slightly firmer than mid. Only annoying thing was that for the rear shocks, you could not adjust them and have the trunk liner installed. So you either have to run a bare trunk or hope you dial them in right before installing the trunk liner.

On the IRS Cobra, I am looking to get Bilstein Sports, which I read on the Steeda site are Cobra R equivalent and properly valved for lowered Cobras. Figured its easier than having to play around with the adjustment on the Koni shocks.

weaselp1

Established Member
I had koni yellows on a bmw i used to own - they are awesome. I went Bilstein HD for the cobra - for me, I did not need the adjust-ability. I thought I would adjust them on my BMW and I never did. I set them on the firmest setting and left them there. I have been in a mach 1 with koni yellows and it rode really nice.

8gtoklr

Established Member
I run them daily driven Cobra. I ran them with stock and cut stock springs and now with Eibach. I to have a E36 compact with M3 koni/dinan combo.

Id keep stock springs and just go Koni. To much scrape/rub on things

Last edited:

5PointOHNO

Established Member
I have Koni yellow dampers and they're quite good. Firm, but not too firm.

Would I want to DD the car? Naw, never. The roads are just too damn bumpy... hard to beat the yellows on decent pavement.

Users who are viewing this thread