Anyone running Stainless steel brake lines?

kwikie

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
I have to do some brake work on my car and want to replace the stock lines with stainless lines. Anyone running ss lines have any opinions good or bad about kits on the market as well as completeness of the kits and fit and finish. Obviosly there is Russel and the Steeda kits I am also looking at a couple from Jegs and Summit. There is also this pair on ebay:
94-98 Ford Mustang Cobra Stainless Steel Brake Lines:eBay Motors (item 350239057832 end time Sep-10-09 17:22:50 PDT)
Any info or opinions appreciated and thanks in advance.:beer:

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
I used to have the steeda brake line kit. They work awesome till i had an exhaust shop to some modifying to my old exhaust and the didnt see that they moved it up against the line well about 2k miles later it had ended up braking the line somehow

solidsnakesvt

Established Member
I have the Russel ones and they are very well made. I could tell a difference in the braking and pedal feel. I had the maximum motorsports steel brake lines on my 91 gt and they were nice too. I say they are worth it especially if your brake lines are old and starting to dry-rot.

GForceJunkie

Established Member
I've had Maximum Motorsports front lines (which are made by Stop Tech). They are very high quality at a decent price. I now am using the Russell lines, front and rear on my '96, they are also a nice set of lines. I would buy either one again.

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
Dont run cheap brake lines youre putting your life at risk with those p.o.s. buy a decent set or dont do it at all

kwikie

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
Dont run cheap brake lines youre putting your life at risk with those p.o.s. buy a decent set or dont do it at all

Wasn't planning on running cheap lines all the lines I listed are about the same price and most are reputable was just asking about quality or any difficulties with fit as I have read of others having fitment issues with other lines so I was looking for opinions but thanks for the concern and I will try and get some good ones.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread