Anyone seen a better price than $680 for Koni yellows?

TrackpackGT

Established Member
Seems that's the best price I've found for 05-10 Mustang Koni yellows. I've always gone with the lesser expensive stuff in years past and regretted it (KYB's, stock shocks/aftermarket springs).....imagine that. Funny thing is, when I was a kid back in 91, I bought Tokico Illumina adjustables for my 90 Civic Si! Those were no joke when you're making $350 every two weeks!!!
Planning on Ford Racing P springs as I only want a 1" drop and it's a daily driver unless something else has come out that fits the bill and is "better". Also about fed up with how hard it is under any kind of throttle to find 4th gear. MGW race spec....man it adds up quick.

MattZ28

Established Member
Best price I've found is on eBay through Titan Motorsports for $665 shipped. But if you get the front and rear sets separately via "best offer", you can get them for around $640ish.

TrackpackGT

Established Member
Thanks, that's still a better deal! I keep hoping to find a deal in the $500's like some did last year.

momogt

Established Member
I just ordered some suspension mods I will be using the p-springs also but I plan on using strange shocks and struts due to budget also I can get the adjustable shocks and struts for about 430.00

TrackpackGT

Established Member
I wasn't sure how they really compared to the Konis, and I know Konis have a lifetime warranty.

TrackpackGT

Established Member
Check with Mike R. at Autonation Ford, one of the vendors here. Great prices period.

bigblue95z

Established Member
The next question is where is the best price on current "P" springs?

I swear I saw where they were changing the 'P' spring. There were a few vendors selling them for suuuper cheap. Not sure if you can still get that or not. Want to say it was like $115, but I've slept since then. lol

I think I'll be going with the 'P' spring and konis myself when I get around to do the suspension. I don't really plan on tracking the car and think these would be a good compromise with somewhat of a drop and (hopefully) still have a decent ride.

KBBoss302

Established Member
Blow By Racing has them for super cheap right now. I ran Ps on my Boss and really liked them. Stiffer than stock but still a decent ride, reduced roll and dive, probably the perfect ride height for a daily driven street car. I had Ultralites before and I prefer the Ps.

Justin81

Established Member
If I could do it again I would do a 1 inch P-spring at first and than see where I'm at and what that accomplished. If I felt it wasn't hooking or sitting right I'd go back to the drawing board. I did the Koni Yellow Sports and K-Springs and it sits about 2 inches lower. I'm cool with all that but it's a very bouncy ride which really gets on my nerves.

TrackpackGT

Established Member
I checked into the part numbers on those springs and they aren't actual Ford Racing "P" springs. They were for a special edition Hertz convertible or something like that.

KBBoss302

Established Member
That's too bad because they are advertised as the FRPP 1" springs so they need to change their ad.

I have my old Ps sitting in a box - PM me if interested. Less than 4k miles, no snow/salt/rain because it's not my DD and I live in Texas.

momogt

Established Member
I just ordered my p springs from blowbyracing 110.00 they should be here in a day or so

robbyrobs

Established Member
I just ordered my p springs from blowbyracing 110.00 they should be here in a day or so

i ordered mine a few months back from blowbyracing as well. I haven't installed them yet, but they say ford racing on them. They are lacking the spring isolater sleeves, not sure if they normally come with them or not, but I figured for the price you couldn't complain.

TrackpackGT

Established Member
All I can say is I got a couple part numbers off them and called FR and that's what I was told. He might be perfectly correct in calling them P springs as they may be an older version or something like that. Just saying what FR told me. Hello Holly Springs, I'm in Apex.

Last edited:

robbyrobs

Established Member
All I can say is I got a couple part numbers off them and called FR and that's what I was told. He might be perfectly correct in calling them P springs as they may be an older version or something like that. Just saying was FR told me. Hello Holly Springs, I'm in Apex.

Hello Apex "trackpackGT" glad to see someone close to me.

TrackpackGT

Established Member
Wassup!
Looks like those were convertible springs after all. At least I wasn't slinging bad info, sorry to hear about your situation momoGT. I bet someone would say I was talking bad about them, but facts are facts.

Users who are viewing this thread