Anyone seen dsg wheels on a Red L?

x_man586

Going to UTI
Established Member
Everyone around here has black wheels. Kind of a fad I guess. I want to paint my wheels but don't want to follow the crowd. What do y'all think of grey wheels?

MaLLo_SVT_150

Established Member
I Was so tempted in painting my stock wheels black to put on my L..But i also thought about buying black wheels to put on the L, but i think it would look ok if you have the correct tint to match maybe

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
If you want to do something different then paint the middle of the spokes of the 03-04 wheels in a dsg color. I posted a pic of how they looked on my red L, I'll have to see if I can dig it up.

-Edit-
Here we go, brake dust gives you ideas!

Last edited:

x_man586

Going to UTI
Established Member
No kidding about the brake dust, that is where my idea came from. Mabye I will do the opposite silver on the inside dsg on the outside.

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
i'm pretty sure "Tallfreak" has some on his, looks good
I was "WTF, someone actually mentioned my truck."

1211080822-00.jpg

1211080822-01.jpg

10-19-08_1824.jpg

I like it, but I wish I could afford to powdercoat them right now. The paint is just Duplicolor graphite colored wheel paint. They have no clear on them because the clear kept going milky on me.

Sorry for the crappy pics. Its all I have with these wheels.

z28Eater

Hemi's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
yeah man i remember you showed me the pictures that day, looks great IMO very good job man

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
If you want to do something different then paint the middle of the spokes of the 03-04 wheels in a dsg color. I posted a pic of how they looked on my red L, I'll have to see if I can dig it up.

-Edit-
Here we go, brake dust gives you ideas!

That looks killer! I have always liked those wheels. My wheels are my least favorite of all the years. I wish the original owner had left the 01 wheels on it, but the 03-04 are a close second.

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but anyone with their head on straight can tell that it isn't brake dust. If the truck stays clean, they look like painted/pc'd wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread