Anyone Seen One of These?

RSbeast

Established Member
I'll dig up the pics of a custom set we did on a 4v. I designed for Dynatek/Dynaformance for just under 5yrs. Doing some sidework still with the company that bought them out and is readily improving on product and customer service. The hardest part is nailing the supporting electronics and the cost to do so. Very delicate balance between ease of install for joe schmo and a professional standalone for what's really needed. Cost is an obvious factor...

SVT GT

Established Member
I have seen them before and really like the look. I have also seen some where the fuel rails are in between the stacks.

96lasersvt

Established Member
anybody know what cams and compression they were using in the muscle car engine?491 hp @ 6800,with a intake like that you would think the peak rpm would be a lot higher.

amorrow

Established Member
Actually the main benefit of an individual-runner manifold is noticed in the low-end and throttle response, so you don't need to rev it to notice benefits of a setup like that. Traditional plenum manifolds, whether EFI or carbureted, are just as capable of making good peak/high-rpm power.

Last edited:

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
Traditional plenum manifolds, whether EFI or carbureted, are just as capable of making good peak/high-rpm power.
This is it. All the benefits of that setup can be had if you were to just buy the belled ends(the "velocity stacks") and put them on the end of a shortened-runner C manifold. And FYI, the belled ends by themselves are NOT cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread