Anyone Seen The Movie Split?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I enjoyed M. Night Shyamalan’s earlier work and hated his later work until recently. Wanted to see what all the fuzz was about the Split movie and honestly, I thought it was a great movie. James McAvoy was AMAZING in it, holy crap, give that guy an oscar. I knew nothing of this film aside from the obvious horror.

If you saw Night’s earlier work and were a fan, then you’re definitely going to enjoy the big twist in the end. I thought that was done very very well, was pretty awesome and totally unexpected.

KevSher20

Established Member
Terrible movie. It could have been a true psychological thriller if it had been 30 mins longer and rated R. 23 personalities and only 3 are bad or evil? Come on now. Let's seee some more bad personalities. Let them take the light and cause chaos in the city. Kill some people, one of the girls,torture, etc. There wasn't enough in my opinion to scare adults, only teenage girls. Plus "The Beast" was a let down. I expected a Underworld type of werewolf.

Best part was at the end. That's when he true artistic acting came out.

I truly felt like the concept behind this movie was outstanding, could have been one of the best movies of all time, but... overall it felt underdeveloped. An idea not fully executed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueSnake01

Established Member
We don’t know much about the other personalities since they weren’t fully explored, they only showed 6?

Movie wasn’t supposed to be about a person turning into an actual beast or anything like that, that was the point of the twist in the end. It was more of a character development made into a “horror”-ish movie

KevSher20

Established Member
We don’t know much about the other personalities since they weren’t fully explored, they only showed 6?

Movie wasn’t supposed to be about a person turning into an actual beast or anything like that, that was the point of the twist in the end. It was more of a character development made into a “horror”-ish movie

They said at one point in the movie only three were bad. When he was talking to the psychiatrist. Yeah we only meet 7 or so. I'd have liked it if it were longer so they was more action, suspense, horror.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread