Anyone still using Xcal2's?

01yellercobra

Established Member
My computer decided it no longer wants to communicate with any of my Xcal2's. I can still datalog, but can't connect Liveload or my PRP software to the Xcal2. Does anyone have the drivers for these tuners? I thought I still had them, but apparently I was wrong. Naturally SCT said they can check to see if it's a software issue, but I'd have to call in and I work when they're open.

Stanger00

Established Member
I haven't tried mine in a while. Far as I know I still have the drivers loaded on my Windows 7 partitioned MacBook Pro. If I remember right, just as you all know, it's hard as hell finding the SCT drivers on the Internet.

01yellercobra

Established Member
They not have the drivers on their site? I should have them on my laptop at home if their site does not have them. I still use Xcal 2.

They don't have it listed on their site anymore. The oldest one listed is the X3/SF3/.

I haven't tried mine in a while. Far as I know I still have the drivers loaded on my Windows 7 partitioned MacBook Pro. If I remember right, just as you all know, it's hard as hell finding the SCT drivers on the Internet.

If either of you have the drivers that would be awesome. I've looked all over the net to find them.

I have been using the same Xcal2 since 2006ish. Never had a problem with it and never updated it. When I sold my 01 I returned it back to stock so I could use the Xcal2 on my 04. What started all of this is I had picked up another one as a spare. I decided to get a tune for the wife's 06 over the holidays and planned on using my spare Xcal2. I plugged it into the computer and when I went to open Liveload it wouldn't recognize the Xcal2. It kept telling me no device was connected. I tried my old one and had the same result. But with my old one I was able to load a tune onto it from PRP. I went to try loading that tune into my 04 and I got the wrong car error. I did some digging and found out I needed to do the unlock from either Liveload or on the PRP. Neither one will unlock my old Xcal2. So right now when looking at device status it says stock with -250 unlocks left. My newer Xcal2 says status is unused and 5 unlocks left.

Oh, and I picked up a 3rd Xcal2 with a car I had bought. The car was returned to stock and I tried to unlock it with Liveload and my PRP and neither one worked. If I had issues with one I'd think it's the device. But having the same issues with 3 makes me think it's the software. I have been using my Acer netbook with windows 7 to do all my datalogging and tuning. I wiped PRP and started over just in case something happened to the software, but no change. So I installed it on my Toshiba with windows 10 and had the same issues. At least with PRP. I couldn't find Liveload 2 to download. So I'm thinking the issue has something to do with the drivers.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Thank you. I won't be home for about another hour and a half. I'll try when I get there.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
SCT is there pretty late if I remember right. They walked me through a connection issue but it's been a while ago now. The guy kind of made fun of me for having what I think is a SF3. I got it from AM in 2011 but it works fine for what I need it for

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Well, I got my original Xcal2 to communicate with Liveload thanks to Godstang. But Liveload is saying my tuner is still VIN locked. Even I know I returned my old car to stock before selling it. However my PRP software still isn't seeing it. I just called SCT and apparently their tech line is open until 10pm east coast time. So I might be able to get a hold of them tomorrow or Friday after work. I noticed my PRP doesn't want to update either. Looks like I have a couple things to take care of.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
I stumbled on this thread while looking for the drivers. i havent been active in a few years but was needing to get my car back going and this did the trick.

Thanks again to SVTP!

Users who are viewing this thread