Anyone taken delivery yet?

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I just picked up a Focus 5 door SEL yesterday for my wife. I am impressed with the power the regular one makes. I cannot image what the ST will feel like.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm thinking about getting one. Had i not bought my Explorer, which I really like, I would probably have one ordered already.

aaandht

Established Member
Local dealer just got a Black ST2 and Red ST1 in stock. I'm taking the black one for a test drive tomorrow. If I like it, I'm putting an order in by mid November for a Black ST2 with Blue accent seating.

aaandht

Established Member
That car has a TON of torque! I couldn't believe it was a 4 banger. I would have bought it if it didn't have Navigation and Moon Roof.

Oh yeah and if the dealer came back to reality and dropped the $5K mark up!

5ohpowa

Established Member
A bright yelloe one sitting ot front of princefrederick ford if anyone is impatient lol

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
That car has a TON of torque! I couldn't believe it was a 4 banger. I would have bought it if it didn't have Navigation and Moon Roof.

Oh yeah and if the dealer came back to reality and dropped the $5K mark up!

I don't think the mark ups will last too long.

bpmurr

Established Member
Yeah you should be able to get these for invoice now problem. It's not like it's limited production. I might pick one up when the HIDs are available.

Last edited:

Colleton

Established Member
Local dealer just got a Tangerine Scream ST2. Wife and I test drove it today, and if everything goes as expected will be buying it for her on Monday.

It's a ballsy little car and is a lot of fun to drive. We have an '08 GTI (the ST's direct competitor), and the ST is quicker and has a nicer interior. Ford did a great job on this car.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
I don't think the mark ups will last too long.

I doubt it. I see too many of them on Ebay and my local dealerships for them to continue to mark them up.

Soooo...

Does anyone think getting rid of an '11 5.0 for one of these would be a horrible idea? I love my 5.0, but as a daily driver, I'm just getting tired of the two door coupe and the horrific gas mileage. It's a great car, don't get me wrong, and I can easily afford it.

However, I've loved the new Focuses since they were released, and I really miss the practicality of a hatch. I'm not concerned with having the fastest thing on four wheels as long as I can toss it around in the corners a bit. From everything I've read, it's a ball to drive and those Recaros are a huge selling point for me.

Hmm.....

XtraTQ

Established Member
I doubt it. I see too many of them on Ebay and my local dealerships for them to continue to mark them up.

Soooo...

Does anyone think getting rid of an '11 5.0 for one of these would be a horrible idea? I love my 5.0, but as a daily driver, I'm just getting tired of the two door coupe and the horrific gas mileage. It's a great car, don't get me wrong, and I can easily afford it.

However, I've loved the new Focuses since they were released, and I really miss the practicality of a hatch. I'm not concerned with having the fastest thing on four wheels as long as I can toss it around in the corners a bit. From everything I've read, it's a ball to drive and those Recaros are a huge selling point for me.

Hmm.....

I'm actually considering doing the same thing. Going to test drive one either tonight or tomorrow.

03dsgdreams

Established Member

Hmm.....[/QUOTE]

I'm actually considering doing the same thing. Going to test drive one either tonight or tomorrow.

Have you guys gone crazy!? Your looking at a minimum of 150+ less HP to the wheels! Not to mention isn't the st dumb wheel drive..? Don't get me wrong its a cool car but not worth trading in your 5.0. Give it a hundred more HP and AWD then maybe I would consider it

Users who are viewing this thread