Anyone tried different size and type tires

Blk-Bolt

Established Member
15,000 miles and I am ready for a new set of tires. That sucks!!! F-1's just dont get it for wear milage. I dont want to change my stock rims and I'm looking for another type tire to get. I really want to get a wider tire for the rims to help with traction but I found there isnt much out there. Anyone tried anythink other than GoodYear F1's???? Price and where did you get them. I'm afraid that if I went to a 305/35/18 that you could'nt use the truck anylonger to haul a boat or any loads at all with the low profile tires. :cuss:

thepawn

Established Member
You're not really going to find a wider tire with the same weight capacity that will fir on the stock rim.

If you want a tire that will last longer milage wise, look at the Toyo Proxy...they're a harder rubber, but they still grip pretty well.

If you want something stickier, but has less of a tread raiting (and costs more), look at the Pirelli Asymmetricos or Potenza S02s if you can find them.

Daniel

1badtk

Established Member
BF Goodrich Comp TA's are available in the same size as stock and a 180 traction rating. Less miles than the F1's but more bite.

Blk-Bolt

Established Member
What does a truck with your mods run? Do you run over 93 octain fuel? I cant get better than a 2.0 on my 60' runs. I'm at 12.9 @106 and not satasfied.

Users who are viewing this thread