Anyone tried SCT's new iTSX tunner?

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
I know this just hit the market at SEMA this year but I'm curious has anyone tried SCT's iTSX tuner yet?

I'm curious if this works like Advantage III software or more like an X2/X3 where you essentially buy a mail order tune from a tuner and then the iTSX lets you adjust some of the parms, read certain outputs and clear codes? The software is actually a free download on the iTunes store but of course you need the OBDII Blue Tooth module to make it work.

Just curious if anyone has taken the plunge on this and how well it really works? Also curious if this is compatible w/ the Advantage III software, i.e., could you write your own tunes w/ Ad 3, load it to the iTSX software and then load it to your ECM via iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch?

Last edited:

workmangc

Stay away from SHM.
Established Member
This is similar to an SF3, in that it comes with preloaded tunes.
This is not like the advantage 3, you would need that software if you were doing any custom tuning.

However, it does have other functions as:
BUILT-IN PERFORMANCE TESTS
• 0-60MPH Test: Virtual Speedometer & Graph with Estimated Horsepower
• ET / MPH Test: 1/8th mile & 1/4 mile ET / MPH with Estimated Horsepower
• Top Speed Performance Test
• Braking Performance Test with 60-0MPH ET

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
I dont think you can load custom tunes onto the iTSX yet.

Chris
This is actually the part I'm most curious about. I have an XCal2 now and I'm going to be ordering the Advantage III software soon so I'm wondering if it would be easier to use the iTSX to load and swap tunes easier than the XCal w/ my iPod Touch? If the iTSX doesn't support loading your own tunes from Ad 3 there's no reason for my to look at upgrading.

workmangc

Stay away from SHM.
Established Member
This is actually the part I'm most curious about. I have an XCal2 now and I'm going to be ordering the Advantage III software soon so I'm wondering if it would be easier to use the iTSX to load and swap tunes easier than the XCal w/ my iPod Touch? If the iTSX doesn't support loading your own tunes from Ad 3 there's no reason for my to look at upgrading.

He is correct. I spoke to my SCT sales rep today and they said it is in the works.

Users who are viewing this thread