Anyone tried this exhaust setup?

sedanman

Established Member
First I know it's going to be loud, the question is will it sound good?

Stock manifolds, off road xpipe, bullet mufflers (maybe dynomax) in the straight pipes preaxle, then a axle back that has no mufflers.

If so does anyone have a sound clip?

austin101385

Established Member
I had borla s-types with bullet mufflers welded in the over the axle pipes and it sounded good. Once I put on the o/r x-pipe, the awesome tone was gone when accelerating. It sounded straight up nascar/drag-car sound. It sounded great at idle and revving, but once you put a load on it, it sounded like total crap imho. I put the stock gt500 mufflers back on with the same set-up and couldn't be happier.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Its loud and sounds like a tractor. Had slp lm1's on mine when i put the o/r x on. Sounds like ur wot alllllll the time. Aweful. Save urself the labor. Believe it or not, the perfect muffler for an o/r x is a quiet muffler. The flowmaster american thunders on mine with the o/r x sounds great. Any type of straight through muffler will sound like poo without premufflers or resonators

Sent from my huge ass SAMSUNG NOTE using tapatalk 2

SuperFly03

Established Member
I personally went with XR-1 ATAK + O/R X Pipe + LT Headers.

That shit is deafening. I absolutely LOVE it. I mean, LOVE it.

It's all in what you want. I wanted something that scared passengers and pedestrians and made the car sound as mean as it looked.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
I loved my offroad Xpipe and stock 2010 mufflers. I went to a 3" Magnapack catback just because I needed less restriction and hated the sound compared.

Users who are viewing this thread