Anyone tried to convert the 2007-09 gt500 grill to resemble the 2014?

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
I'm still trying to decide what to do with the sides of the honeycomb after the middle is cut out, I could cut out the entire portion but it may looks crappy, I could also make some plates and cover them up and have it solid looking..... hummmm

I would LOVE to have one that looked just like the 2013 etc but fit. I'd be in on a group buy for sure.

Yeah that was my dilemma with cutting up the stock one. The sides still look like stock which isn't the best. As soon as I hear back from Seibon I will let everyone know. If it looks like a reality then I will post a new group buy thread if the moderators are okay with it. If Seibon says no I'll send a few emails out to other companies as well. I just don't want to ask too many companies at once because it's probably going to take a group buy to make it happen. If too many companies want to do it and there aren't enough people it will be pretty expensive I think.

Last edited:

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
I'd be in for something new. I wonder how the stock one would look if all the plastic in the back was trimmed out and only the honeycomb section remains. Would be very labor intensive and a real pita but would probably look good and allow more air flow.

Users who are viewing this thread