Anyone try Nitto's new 305/35/18 555R (DR) yet?

Voice of Reason

Established Member
Title says it all. It won't come up in a search on Tirerack but searching Discount Tire's website I found it. I wonder how these would fit and if I'd need to shave down the IRS bolt for them... Hmm...

co3bra

Established Member
I bought them about a month ago and I mounted them on the AFS 18x9 and 18x10.5 in the rear and as of this date, I have noticed no fitment problems with the IRS bolt.

I'm going to the track this weekend and I'll let ya know how I make out with my short times.

Voice of Reason

Established Member
That's good to hear about the bolt. How is traction on the street? I can't get traction to save my life. Also, are these tires wide enough on your rims that when you look at the car from the back you cannot see the rim sticking out farther than the tire? Right now with the 295s on the rear the rim itself is wider and I can see a chrome lip sticking out past the tire and it drives me nuts. Thanks for the info!

co3bra

Established Member
traction is fine. There is a big difference from the stock F1's. As per the rims being wider than the tire, No the tire is wider than the rim.

Do it. they look good.

Voice of Reason

Established Member
How about driving in the rain? This is my daily driver so it will see rain duty. I only drive about 8-10 miles to work and it's back roads so I can go slower if needed and on the weekend we take my wifes car if it's raining so I think I could handle it.

If no one posts any issues I think you've convinced me. I'm going to go ahead and grind down the IRS bolt a little on each side because I've heard every car is slightly different and I could have an issue where you don't, but at least it sounds like I won't have to mess with any spacers. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread