Anyone try the Steeda Sport Springs ?

m8trix00

Established Member
2003 Cobra Sport Springs
• 1.25" front and 1.00" rear
• Front Progressive helical compression constrained by chassis and lower A-frame.
• Rear Progressive helical copmression constrained by chassis and lower A-frame.
• Spring rate front working range 720-780lb/in
• Spring rate rear working range 650-790lb/in

I heard they are supposed to be nice and drop a good height.

Just curious.

I am purchasing springs this week. I am either going with the H&R Race with MM isolators or these.

Any input greatly appreciated.

I spent hours looking through previous posts. It looks like alot of people are happy with the H&R Race springs.

f2fast4u

Established Member
Yep, already used them - and taken them off. Too much drop for street use in these parts (alot of road construction, etc.). Already busted out (two times) the front fog lights, plus numerous scrapes of the K-member. They are sitting in a box in my shop right now.

Also, you should use a bumpsteer kit for them also as they drop the front low after a few months.

m8trix00

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. I went to the local mustang shop and talked to them a bit. I also talked to some people around here. It looks like I might go with the H&R race with the isolators. However, they are on backorder. :bored:

again, thanks. :beer:

1nostycobra

Spitting Cobra Club
Established Member
steeda springs

i put the steeda springs in, they do drop low but handle really nice...
6365sig_small.jpg

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
How much ACTUAL drop? I know what the advertised is, but would love to hear from someone with them installed how much they really dropped the car from stock, or give me a current ride height figure.

Thanks.

m8trix00

Established Member
mblgjr your avatar rules !

Well there is a guy that goes to the local shop with regular steeda springs, and I swear it looks like it has not been dropped, but his car is a GT which is supposed to be a little higher if I read correctly.

But i heard the sport springs drop more? am I correct?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Any if someone could measure the ground clearance of the front bumper that would be great :beer:

spdfrkFL

Track Addict
Established Member
03 DSG Snake said:
Any if someone could measure the ground clearance of the front bumper that would be great :beer:

Here's a pic. I love the Steeda springs. They work well on the street and on the open track. As with any set of springs, be careful of speed bumps and pot holes.

103-0316_IMG.gif

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
spdfrkFL said:
Here's a pic. I love the Steeda springs. They work well on the street and on the open track. As with any set of springs, be careful of speed bumps and pot holes.

That looks like what I want. What kind of spring isolators are you running? How does the ride compare to stock? And do you have any other hardware like a bumpsteer kit, balljoints, or C/C plates?

Thanks! :beer:

spdfrkFL

Track Addict
Established Member
03 DSG Snake said:
That looks like what I want. What kind of spring isolators are you running? How does the ride compare to stock? And do you have any other hardware like a bumpsteer kit, balljoints, or C/C plates?

Thanks! :beer:

I'm running stock isolators ( I don't think they make much of a difference unless the stock ones are old or damaged). I have no issues with bumpsteer. The x-balljoints are not needed for our cars. I do have the four bolt C/C plates. The combo works great. Again when you put stiffer springs on the ride it will be a little harder. But still it's a great ride. Stay away from the racing springs unless you want a really hard ride on the street. :beer:

x14

Established Member
Have the Steeda and loving it. I didn't want to drop too much because there have been a lot of potholes from this past winter in NYC and too much road/street construction. I did crack one of my fog light though.

Here's a pic of mine.

IMG_0194.JPG

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Drops look great with the Steeda's guys. I am super happy that I ordered them now for my convertible. Will be putting them on this week with my new rims, rubber, subrframes and strut tower. Pics shortly after.

Users who are viewing this thread