Anyone try these new E3 plugs yet?

RJM

Informed SVT Poster
Established Member
I just watched a dyno test on TV and they ran a sb 350. With another high end plug( they didnt say which) the motor made 407 hp. They ran the same test at the same temps with E3 plugs and it made 412.5 and got better mileage also. I'm at 40k miles and think its time for plugs and was thinking of these instead of the denso or NKG's most use.

Don't get me wrong 5.5 hp is no big deal but if its a better plug than the rest....

PS I just watched it again and best I can tell running it frame by frame it looks like it was denso plugs in the first test and they are one of there other sponsors which would explain why they woundnt say there name.

Last edited:

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
I was kinda curious about this too after seeing the HR TV bit so I did some lookin' around on the net for write ups on these E3 plugs. One comment I ran across that made a lot of sense pointed out the fact that the "test" done by HR TV was on n/a, carburueted, 2v pushrod cam engine. Old school to say the least and while it's a good an reliable street build for a 1st gen muscle car or street rod, it's nothing like an efi/ecu, multi-valve, ohc engine.

In short, the combustion chamber efficiency is already built into late model engines if you're comparing them to above set up. A set of trick plugs isn't likely to make that much of difference outside of any pickup that you might see out of replacing a worn set from year-to-year. The whole thing actually brings up my chief complaint against the HR TV show which is they need to stop testing w/ carbs and such and join the rest of us in the latter 20th century at the very least!

. . . that being said, I might try a set of these since I'm due for a plug change and I found these plugs are $6.99 vs $10.99 for the Denzo/NGK iridium plugs.

Last edited:

REX-RACER

Established Member
Put a set of these in today and went for a short romp on the highway. Car ran and sounded as strong as it ever has but no noticeable difference between these or any other plugs. Car responded well at low, high and part throttle conditions but like I said not necessarily better than any other new plugs . . . but at least it wasn't worse.

This weekend I have a 200 mi road trip so we'll see about gas mileage part. :read:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Put a set of these in today and went for a short romp on the highway. Car ran and sounded as strong as it ever has but no noticeable difference between these or any other plugs. Car responded well at low, high and part throttle conditions but like I said not necessarily better than any other new plugs . . . but at least it wasn't worse.

This weekend I have a 200 mi road trip so we'll see about gas mileage part. :read:

You wouldn't feel a 5rwhp gain.

I've seen the results of a test done on a 4v motor between NGKs and the E3s and the results were the same as HR TVs. There are a few guys on the Mach registry that have seen similar results also.

REX-RACER

Established Member
You wouldn't feel a 5rwhp gain.

I've seen the results of a test done on a 4v motor between NGKs and the E3s and the results were the same as HR TVs. There are a few guys on the Mach registry that have seen similar results also.

Yeah, I figured that, I was actually more interested in any possible fuel savings w/o a loss in performance. In actuality when I was puttin' these plugs in I was thinking they'd possibly make a much bigger difference in my '95 Jeep Cherokee dd that has a 155k miles and gets 18 mpg. I think these plugs would make a really good compliment to the MSD ignition I plan to add in the not so distant future.

Users who are viewing this thread