anyone tuned by Panhandle Performance in PCFL?

SuperChrg'd02GT

5LPWR
Established Member
I installed a Snow Performance meth kit a while ago and will be upgrading my MAF soon so I will be in need of a new tune. Does anyone have any experience with Panhandle Performance in Lynn Haven? It will cost 695 for 4 hours of tuning time and I want to ensure it will be money well spent. Any input will be greatly appreciated! Also, apparently they use only EFI Solutions software to tune. Is that decent software?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Damn!! 700 bucks!! yea eff that noise.. I haven't heard to much about them.. I would go with XXX Motorsports in Pensacola FL.. They have a ton of people on this forum!! I've been there personally for a friends gear install and they have a very nice shop and there work is top notch.

SuperChrg'd02GT

5LPWR
Established Member
Yeah, only issue is I'm currently living just north of Montgomery, AL near Gunter AFB and PCFL is a little more convenient. Plus I have family in PC. Otherwise I have heard pretty good things about XXX in Pensacola.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well wouldn't pensacola be closer?? Pensacola to Panama City is what like maybe 2hrs?? No way in hell would I ever pay 700 bucks for a tune man.. In CA where I'm from tunes are 500 and in CA everything is more expensive.. Just saying man that is outragous and they don't even tune SCT..

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Pensacola is only about 3 hrs from mont Al. I havent heard thing good about panhandle only a few bad things. Heard they take forever to do anything and they are more of a gm place i think. XXX uses SCT and i think its 450 for a tune. They have done all the tuning on my car and its at the limit on the stock motor and its been goin strong for 2 yrs now. I would go somewhere that you know will do right even if its alittle far away. Plus they use SCT which almost all ford tuners use. I will also been on the dyno tomorrow myself :beer:

SuperChrg'd02GT

5LPWR
Established Member
Post their website so I can check it out. It just sucks because I had originally planned to drive down on a Friday (it's about 3hrs 20min) and stay with family before having it tuned on Saturday. If I go to pensacola then I would have a 4 hour round trip from PC to Pensacola to make on Saturday before leaving again on Sunday to return to Alabama.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Don't know the web site. They are only open Mon to Fri. So if sat is your only option then I would stay with panhandle but If it was me I would try to make it down on a Friday. Give them a call and talk to brad the owner of xxx. 850-777-1386

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
I dont know that car or the owner so i cant say. I can say he tuned my car today and its fine. 10psi on a stock motor. Tuned another buddys 11 5.0 car today also on a stock motor and made good power. :shrug: I have had good luck with XXX everytime i have been there. He does seem to tune on the safe side but for me thats great lol. And i dont see how a shop can kill a trans from a tune. :shrug:

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
Yea man let me know. Ill see if i couldnt meet you up there. I have a eaton swap on a stock mach motor that i just did a 3.4 pulley, T56. Other then that just the norm things, exhaust, intake, race stars and M/T's:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread