Anyone use a line lock?

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
I was thining about getting a line lock, anyone out there use one? What brand do you have? Ease of installation? I was checking out Jegs.com but there seems to be a difference between ABS and non ABS cars. I want to really heat the hell out of my DR's next time I go out. Plus I am on the verge of getting some ET Streets and want to be able to get them nice and sticky without my car getting sideways before they are proprerly heated.

Thanks
Alex

Alex_96Cobra

Established Member
I know of only one other guy that has one (on a 96-98 Cobra with ABS) and he uses a Hurst "roll Control" kit. Of course it is the most expensive one that Summit sells at 109 + the installation Kit whioch is another 50 or so. anyone else use a different one?

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT get the Hurst for the 96-97 Cobras. If your Cobra has the Bosch ABS module(thingy just behind the radiator on the pass. side) the Hurst will not work. I found that out the hard way, while installing it. Summit does not say it will not work, but on the instructions in SMALL print it says: Will not work w/Mustangs equipped w/Bosch. Try getting the TCI kit from Jegs. You will need one that goes w/ABS(of course). Installation isn't too bad if you're somewhat mechanically inclined, I had a very mechanical-friend of mine help me TRY to install mine. Good luck man.

Mike

Alex_96Cobra

Established Member
I just emailed TCI about an ABS version. Thanks for the heads up, I was just seconds away from sayig f**k it ansd ordering the roll control and install kit from summit. I'll let you all know what TCI says about the ABS line lock and what all is needed to get it to work in our cars.

A

Neurotoxin

Established Member
According to this ARTICLE you can do the line loc to horn install. I don't think that the LL will be always waiting to be activated by the horn...there will still be an on/off switch.

Hey man get out of the way!!!!

honk

SAFELY STOP :)

Users who are viewing this thread