Anyone used Turo for car rentals

Established Member
I need a car next month out of town for a few days and my wife heard about Turo instead of conventional rentals. You can get the car at the airport, and it seems too good to be real, so it probably is. Any input would be appreciated. Especially liability insurance.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes. OFTEN.

I've probably used Turo 25 times in the last 2 years. Loved it every time. You can pick what you drive, which I like. You won't book something, show up and them stick you in something lesser (rental car companies do this all the time).

I've driven anything from Slingshots, to Corvettes, Escalades, Porsches, Mercedes, etc. I won't ever use a rental car company again.

Yesterday I just booked a Gladiator Rubicon for when we go to Maui this December.

I don't get the added insurance unless it's required. My current policy will cover anything I drive, so no need to double pay (spoke to my agent multiple times to confirm).

Established Member
Thats great. I'll put in a call to my agent to be sure for coverage and looks like I'll give it a try.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thats great. I'll put in a call to my agent to be sure for coverage and looks like I'll give it a try.

It's neat. I would HIGHLY suggest renting from someone that has 3-4 vehicles they rent out. Typically more professional and much better customer service.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Used several times. Last time was 2 months ago when I went to California for a week. Picked up and dropped off the car at the airport. Painless.

Adower

Established Member
I need a car next month out of town for a few days and my wife heard about Turo instead of conventional rentals. You can get the car at the airport, and it seems too good to be real, so it probably is. Any input would be appreciated. Especially liability insurance.
It's painless. I've used turo at least 30 times with no issue.

Like other's have said, call your insurance company and ensure they'll cover you if you rent through turo.

Blown 89

Established Member
It's the only rental service I use. The last time I used it I rented a GT350 in Los Angeles. Communicating with the owners isn't always the most professional experience you'll have but it's worth it not to deal with rental car companies.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Look for a discount code before booking. I used it in Hawaii in late 2019 and it was perfect. I just needed a car for 1 day. Found a Ford Flex, walked like 2 miles to pick it up, drove around 10 hours and dropped it off early with a top off of gas, and a vacuum. With discount, it was like $50, split 4 ways... can't beat it.

MFE

Established Member
On a trip to a faraway state earlier this year, my son used Turo because he's under 21 and traveling alone. No standard rental company would rent to him due to his age, but he got a car through Turo and had to pay an underage surcharge. The only thing that sucked is his original renter backed out with 48 hours to go, but he found another one and had no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread