Anyone using a wideband 02 Data logger??

bender460

Established Member
I just purchased a Techedge wide band 02 data logger. Anyone else using one? Have some ?? on instaling it.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
the new, fully digital version (2.0) that uses the inexpensive Bosch LSU4 sensor has now been released ...is that the one you have?

http://wbo2.com

Last edited:

A's Cobra

Established Member
I have a budy that has techedge also, pm me if you'd like.

Last edited:

bender460

Established Member
I have the Ver 1.5. My one ? is the rpm pulse where do I get that? I've got the sensor and display installed and working good. I am going to wire in my afterburner eFPC this weekend, Is it the same coil minus pin 26 that the eFPC uses?

Young_Stallion

SNSTRSNK
Established Member
My tuner just put in a Bung to read my A/F. I want to be able to utilize this in the future. Anyone have idea;s?

Young_Stallion

SNSTRSNK
Established Member
Which product do I need. That site is impossible to follow? How much does it cost, etc...

How usefull is it if u already know ur A/F, etc... Any other features of it?

BOOOOST

Established Member
Young, go to www.fjoinc.com and read up on it instead. I'm with you on that other site; WAY too busy to understand or even want to read.

See my post above yours!

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Bender,

The only way to make the Techedge unit work on the Cobras is to get a tach adapter. They are hooked up under the hood and not at the PCM.
Don't try hooking the WB O2 to the PCM for the RPM signal. One way it won't work, and the other line in will fry the Techedge.
Been there, done that.

Ford uses a multi spark ignition system and it confuses the hell out of theTechedge unit.

Almost any tach adapter will work with the TechEdge. I used an Autometer. I am sure others are equally as good.

I had several conversations with Peter about this and that was the only viable solution at the time, 6 months ago.

Dana

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
What program are you using to datalog w/ the Techedge? I have the older version I guess (had it about a year). It has an extra DB9 (or is it DB15?) connector coming out of the display that I thought was for datalogging purposes. Now Dana talks about a tach adapter?? Is there an intermediate piece of of software I need! Jerry

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Jerry,
somene finally wrote a data logging program for windows. Go to the Yahoo! site to get it.

If you are reading actual RPM's throughout the entire range without the Tach adapter in the Ver 1.5, you accomplished something I was not able to do.

That cable has to be modified slightly for it to work datalogging on a laptop. Actually I just cut up an old cable with DB9 plugs on it and rewired it. You have to add 2 of the wires into one of the existing plugs.

Dana

bender460

Established Member
Jerryk the extra db9 cable comeing from the display is for datalogging, not as fast as the way Dana's is set up (if I remember right). The cable going from the controller to the display is the one you need to tap pins #2 and #5 and plug it right in your computer or palm.

Users who are viewing this thread