Anyone using an Xpel clear bra on the front of their car?

firebird1999us

Established Member
I'm redoing my daily and once the paint cures I'd like to add a clear bra of some sort... I drive a lot and Atlanta interstates and road construction have not friendly to the front end of my daily driver... I'd like to do the hood, front bumper, and mirror covers.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Had the whole front end of my Z06 covered with Xpel, the mirrors, rocker panels, and the brake ducts. Stuff works great! I took a huge road gator to the front bumper and hood and where the Xpel was survived without nary a scratch, the rest of the hood and windshield didn't fair so well.

The only thing I didn't like about having a clear bra is the extra effort required to keep the waxy buildup from collecting at the edges of the Xpel material. I had Xpel applied halfway up the hood and it looked like someone put a perfectly straight scratch across the hood where the Xpel stopped because the wax would stick/collect at the edge of the Xpel.

U.M.

Last edited:

firebird1999us

Established Member
Had the whole front end of my Z06 covered with Xpel, the mirrors, rocker panels, and the brake ducts. Stuff works great! I took a huge road gator to the front bumper and hood and where the Xpel was survived without nary a scratch, the rest of the hood and windshield didn't fair so well.

The only thing I didn't like about having a clear bra is the extra effort required to keep the waxy buildup from collecting at the edges of the Xpel material. I had Xpel applied halfway up the hood and it looked like someone put a perfectly straight scratch across the hood where the Xpel stopped because the wax would stick/collect at the edge of the Xpel.

U.M.

Cool. It's for a small toyota so I'd likely just do the whole hood and bumper... that should keep the buildup off. Do you wax over it? Any yellowing over time? How long have you had it on?

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Had mine on for a little over 5 years before it had to be removed to repair the damage from the road gator. I haven't replaced it yet. In the 5 years I did have it on it never yellowed. You can put wax on it.

U.M.

Users who are viewing this thread