Anyone using the "Interceptor Gauge Cluster" in your car?

Voice of Reason

Established Member
MRT (http://www.mustangracing.com/) is listing a new gauge cluster that has a nice trim ring around each gauge.

InterceptorCluster.gif

I've posted the following questions on their website.

1) What is the redline and MPH limit?
2) Will it work for 03/04 Cobra w/ the understanding that there is no boost gauge, will it still work otherwise?
3) Is the temp gauge more accurate than stock or is it still more or less a dummy gauge?

I also point out that there are discrepencies that say it's for the 2005 Mustang vs 99-04.

So, is anyone out there using one of these?

DP03Cobra

Established Member
As far as I know (and what I have read on forums), you can't use an aftermarket instrument cluster on the COBRA. The computer and instrument cluster are "married" (for lack of a better term) due to the PATS (anti-theft) system so you can't just replace it like you can on other Mustangs (don't know about 05's). Apparently, for those that have replaced ECU's, they ahve had to take car to Ford to get everything in sync. So at the very least, it isn't just plug and play. Perhaps MRT has access the necessary Ford technology to make everything work. I know if you do a search, there are some threads that address the ECU/instument cluster issue.

Users who are viewing this thread