Anyone watch "The Cleveland Show" yet?

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
I'm an avid Seth McFarlane fan and Family guy watcher. I keep forgetting to tune in on Sunday nights and catch his latest production. Anyone seen it yet? How is it?

B-O-B'03

Established Member
I have a friend that will be a guest voice in an upcoming episode, but I think it is a ways out.

-Brian

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
I don't understand why Cleveland got his own show......

agreed, Quagmire would have made for a much funnier show.

“Why did Cleveland get his own show? He’s the weakest link.”
MacFARLANE: We’ve been asked why Quagmire didn’t get his own show. Quagmire works as an ancillary character. He’s an utterly despicable human being, someone who doesn’t have enough of a wholesome streak to be a leading character. Cleveland is much more soulful and dimensional. It truly feels like what it was intended to be: The Jeffersons to Family Guy’s All in the Family.

But Cleveland is the dullest black character on TV.
MacFARLANE: See, I’ve found him to be refreshing. When I watch sitcoms pander to black audiences with loud, obnoxious stereotypes, I think, No black person I know would watch this. On Family Guy, Cleveland maybe didn’t have enough to do, and as a result he came off dull. He makes a point of saying that in the Cleveland Show pilot: “I’m sick of being just an accessory to Peter’s world. I’ve got my own shit going on.” Cleveland is a polarizing character. People either love him or they’re bored by him.

I still would rather see Quagmire have his own show

Users who are viewing this thread