Anyone weld in Flowmasters...

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
to the stock catback? Did a search with no results.
Thanks.

BLACK SUNSHINE

Established Member
I did. Not much SOTP improvement, but I love the sound. Flowmaster was the only one I could find in the right 2-1/4" pipe size for the stock exhaust.

Pyro

Established Member
I did also and felt a significant SOTP difference however, I did the K&N, hacked the fender side of the airbox, and custom ram-air at the same time so the whole combo may have made the difference. On a side note, the ram air was damn near FREE. The cost of the 3" duct and hose clamp ran about $10.

The air getting sucked into the intake combined with the Flows sounds GREAT!

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Thanks. I was kicking it around, then looked in the stock tailpipes with a flashlight. Thay look pretty restrictive themselves with the double tubes and some sort of steel wool type packing around the outside. I'd like to gut them, but it looks near impossible without cutting them off first.

Pyro

Established Member
I would have gotten a cat back but at the time, I had just purchased the car and was on a tight budget. Later on, I may redue the entire exhaust system from Headers to the catback. I was even thinking of having the exhaust dump directly after the Flows but I'm not sure if it will be too loud in the car and hot under the car or if it is even legal. I would leave the tail pipes in for appearance purposes though. If anyone has experience with this, please let me know.

BLACK SUNSHINE

Established Member
Pyro, I did my airbox hack/K&N first, and the SOTP was amazing. I am sure the airbox mod is where almost all of the performance improvement came from.

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by BLACK SUNSHINE
Pyro, I did my airbox hack/K&N first, and the SOTP was amazing. I am sure the airbox mod is where almost all of the performance improvement came from.

I agree but the Flowmasters sure have a great psychological effect!;-)

The 2.93" pulley just made it all the more exciting. Now, I cant wait for the Predator. I was told that it should add 10-30 additional RWHP. I'll be happy with a safe tune and about 10-15 additional RWHP. I understand that 30 more RWHP is common.

All in all, I'll be happy with 440-450 rwhp which I've seen before with my exact mods. We'll see.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread