Anyone? What happened?

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
I'm getting on the expressway and try to shift from 3 to 4, but mistakenly snatch 2nd. My foot never left the clutch pedal because as soon as it started to catch, and the revs built up, I pushed it back in and granny shifted to 4th.

Engine sounded OK, but no boost. Needle would barely move to the first mark. So I slowed down and put it in 3rd, still no boost. Crap! Thought I screwed it up, but everything sounded OK. So I put it in 6th and cruise at a steady speed for 2 or 3 miles. Anxious, I try again and this time I have full boost.

So what happened? Did a blow off valve get stuck? Did the computer do that in response to the over-rev (tach never went as high as 7,000 as far as I could tell). I'll do a compression check this weekend, but on my ride home from work, it pulled as strong as ever. Any ideas?

beabout

Established Member
I'm getting on the expressway and try to shift from 3 to 4, but mistakenly snatch 2nd. My foot never left the clutch pedal because as soon as it started to catch, and the revs built up, I pushed it back in and granny shifted to 4th.

Engine sounded OK, but no boost. Needle would barely move to the first mark. So I slowed down and put it in 3rd, still no boost. Crap! Thought I screwed it up, but everything sounded OK. So I put it in 6th and cruise at a steady speed for 2 or 3 miles. Anxious, I try again and this time I have full boost.

So what happened? Did a blow off valve get stuck? Did the computer do that in response to the over-rev (tach never went as high as 7,000 as far as I could tell). I'll do a compression check this weekend, but on my ride home from work, it pulled as strong as ever. Any ideas?

It is the boost bypass kicking in... should be fine unless you detect other issues....

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Thanks,
So far, everything seems OK. But if it's not, we can build it better, stronger, we have the technology.

Users who are viewing this thread