• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Anyone with a tune in NJ have issues passing inspection?

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by aaandht, Feb 27, 2012.

1. aaandht

aaandht New Member Established Member

I just got a call from my dad telling me his 06 Mustang GT failed inspection with a laundry list of error codes. His car was tuned(plus Bassani Axle backs and a CAI) about 5 years ago by Evolution Performance, and passed inspection 2 years ago. He hasn't had any issues with CELs or missfires, from what he said the car runs like a champ.

Did PRNJ change the inspection software? Is a re flash to stock tune necessary?
    Thanks

2. scorched

scorched Member Established Member

my cobra just got inspected in November. It was tuned in march by Jdm. I just asked them to leave all the monitors on, and it passed with out a hitch. I have an off-road mid pipe, and with the mil eliminators there was no problem at all.

3. 01cobravortech

01cobravortech Banned

Laws changed I think in early 2011. I had to get an "emissions" tune last summer to pass NJ inspection because my tune from '07 would not cut the mustard.

4. thepizz

thepizz OP is a good person Established Member

There is an easy fix but not accepted on here so PM me to avoid the righteous cry babies.

5. T-Bolt

T-Bolt Official 'ring tow rig... Established Member

The tune most likely turned off the rear O2 sensors, which would throw a not ready code, a rear O2 code, and a heater sensor malfunction code.

6. offroadkarter

offroadkarter Professional S***poster Established Member

Yes, NJ changed what they test for so most aftermarket tunes fail. I haven't taken my car in yet cause I know it'll fail, but I can't go back to stock because it requires a 150 mile drive to reset the PCM after I reflash it and I have 4.10's. My friend just went through this with his marauder and he had to go back to stock for inspection.