Anyone with Borla 14858 want to trade for stingers?

2K4 SVT

Established Member
Howdy,

I purchased the borla stinger setup and loved them except for the drone at highway cruising speeds. Guess I need to go faster! :rolling: Most of my daily driving is done on the highway to and from work. They have around 2000 miles on them and I'm looking to trade for the borla 14858s. So anyone looking to move to a louder exhaust PM me!

-Mark

69sta03cobradan

Established Member
Sorry, I chose the 14858 or low, deep tone ane WOT response. I hope you find someone to trade, for me, I needed to have the feel for the road as well ad hear my family when they are in the car........best hunting!!!

04torchred

Established Member
69sta03cobradan said:
Sorry, I chose the 14858 or low, deep tone ane WOT response. I hope you find someone to trade, for me, I needed to have the feel for the road as well ad hear my family when they are in the car........best hunting!!!

Are the 14858 just as deep as the stinger, but quieter at WOT? I am considering them but want to make sure they are still as deep sounding.

Chameleon

Established Member
I have the Borla 14858 and love them. At idle they are quiet, you can sit at a stoplight and have a conversation at normal speaking volume. When you rev it up they have a nice deep tone, significantly louder than stock but not overwhelming. Under heavy acceleration they have a real nice deep roar and when you let off the gas they produce a nice rumble. At freeway cruising speeds they are very quiet.

Before I bought my system I listened to several exhaust systems at a Cobra meet. I wanted a system that was louder than stock but not real loud. I think the 14858s fit that perfectly. The 14858 now has the 4" rolled tips so the system looks good also.

Here is one of the best reviews I have ever read regarding the 14858 system:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128835&highlight=Borla+14858

Last edited:

04torchred

Established Member
Chameleon said:
I have the Borla 14858 and love them. At idle they are quiet, you can sit at a stoplight and have a conversation at normal speaking volume. When you rev it up they have a nice deep tone, significantly louder than stock but not overwhelming. Under heavy acceleration they have a real nice deep roar and when you let off the gas they produce a nice rumble. At freeway cruising speeds they are very quiet.

Before I bought my system I listened to several exhaust systems at a Cobra meet. I wanted a system that was louder than stock but not real loud. I think the 14858s fit that perfectly. The 14858 now has the 4" rolled tips so the system looks good also.

Here is one of the best reviews I have ever read regarding the 14858 system:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128835&highlight=Borla+14858

Thanks. Are they a fair bit louder then the magnaflow. I want something that is louder then the magnaflows. Just thought I would ask to see if you had heard the magnaflows in person. Are you running the stock h-pipe?

Schyler

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
04torchred said:
...I want something that is louder then the magnaflows.
If you want louder than Magnaflow, you don't want the 14858. The 14858 is actually a little more quiet than a Magnaflow cat-back. I've heard some people complain about a drone with Magnaflow, but rarely does someone say that about the 14858. If you want a deep-sounding Borla system that's louder than Magnaflow, you want the Stinger.

-Greg

04torchred

Established Member
Top_Fuel said:
If you want louder than Magnaflow, you don't want the 14858. The 14858 is actually a little more quiet than a Magnaflow cat-back. I've heard some people complain about a drone with Magnaflow, but rarely does someone say that about the 14858. If you want a deep-sounding Borla system that's louder than Magnaflow, you want the Stinger.

-Greg

Thanks!

Chameleon

Established Member
Top_Fuel said:

-Greg

I agree completely with what Greg said!

In answer to your question I am running the stock H pipe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread