Anyone with Borla Stinger catback have this problem?

slow5oh

Never Finished
Established Member
This is driving me nuts, i move it back into place so everything is even, and as soon as I leave they're back to looking like this. Not much you can really do with the rubber hangers? Any suggestions, or is that just the way this exhaust fits? My bassani sat perfect.

wb51SWq.jpg

svtaddict

Established Member
looks like your clamps may still be loose, check the clamps on the flow tubes between the mufflers and hpipe to catback bolts. the reason they are twisting it that the muffler section of the catback is spinning.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
You have to loosen everything up and get it aligned, including the mid-pipe. Then re-tighten.

slow5oh

Never Finished
Established Member
looks like your clamps may still be loose, check the clamps on the flow tubes between the mufflers and hpipe to catback bolts. the reason they are twisting it that the muffler section of the catback is spinning.
Everything is tight
You have to loosen everything up and get it aligned, including the mid-pipe. Then re-tighten.

I'll have to give this a shot. I can't stand tips when exhaust isn't symmetrical

zeus201

Established Member
Old picture but you can get them angled well. It will take a little effort but it is worth it since crooked IRS pipes look bad IMO.

DSC05871.jpg

Last edited:

SVTmystic290

Established Member
I had to mess with mine going back on after polishing, but had it all aligned within 15-20 min. Like said above make sure those clamps are as tight as can be after its aligned and all hangers are in place. Before I took mine off it did sit a little crooked, I think its the Borla setup as I havent heard of many other people with different setups complaing.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
to this day i have to shove a bunched up rag or something in there before tightening it all up, or it will look like the first pic. only happens on my vert, my coupe sits pretty straight, and also has alot more room between the pipes where they bend together in the middle.

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
First time I ever installed mine they fit up great. Then I polished them, re-installed/aligned them and they looked good. First time out they were crooked after running the car. Had problems ever since, always adjusting them and it drove me crazy.

I have since fixed the problem. 2 years ago I took them off to get a O2 sensor bung installed on the X-pipe. After re-installing them I tightened the shit out of them....more than I ever would on a part like this (and probably more than the recommended torque specs) but they haven't moved. I also put on 2 cheap U-bolt type clamps at the mid-pipe to catback connection. At that time it seemed like I could not get this connection tight enough and that's where the movement was coming from, and they (the cheap U-bolt clamps) have held the pipes straight. However, the cheap clamps are all rusty (and my car is a sunny weather only car) but they're still holding the exhaust straight. Not too many people (ok, only me) get under my car to see those clamps so not a big issue, as long as the exhaust stays straight.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread