Anyone with experience on MT ET Streets and ET Drags on M6

StangKris302

Established Member
Looking for pros and cons between Mickey Thompson ET Streets and ET Drags. I really only want people with experience chiming in. I have a '14 3:73 Track Pack car. I bought 28" ET Drags(slicks) because
everyone says they are much more forgiving on the drivetrain than a radial. So I stayed away from a radial but was looking for another option so I can drive the car to the track instead of swapping rears.But the ET Street is also a bias ply like the slick. Is the Street just a "grooved" version of the Drag?

Jdm351

Established Member
i bought the ET Street bias plys for mine for exactly the same reason. Not to have any trouble from police on my way to the track. Not sure on the exact structural differences, but most MT bias plys, street or drag, are the "m5" compound. I had no trouble with traction with a 26" tall tire and 3.31 gear. In a previous car I tried both. Drags and streets and the streets definitely required more finess to hook than the drag. Maybe the sidewall is stiffer to meet DOT regs. I would call MT and ask. But for convenience, the ET Street bias ply for a stick car that is not trailered to the strip is the way to go.

hoodley

Established Member
the bias ply tires will scare you if you not used them. they work good though. i have always used them, my buddy runs drag radials for past year and hasnt broke anything. he tried the bias slick and said take them bitches off my car!! makes the car move around more. but it will be a tad quicekr if you stay in it.

agony

Established Member
ET Drag is a softer compound. Bias ply tires are a bit scary in general until you get used to them.

Gt14

Established Member
I ran MT Street Pros all summer with no problem on my 14 M6 . Best run a 12.01@ 108.8 1.77 60ft

Users who are viewing this thread