Anyone with Invinca-Shield experience???

03'Darin

Established Member
I have been waitnig for someone to come out with the 3M clear bra for the 03' and just saw Invinca-Shield has. I have put the 3M clear bra on a couple of my other vehicles with great results. I really don't care for the look of the black bra on cars. The clear bra protects better than a regular black bra because it is just like a decal and doesn't wear on the paint underneath. Plus you can't see it unless you are right next to the car. I have had people right next to my truck that noticed the clear bra and had to touch it to get a better idea what it was. With the clear bra you get the protection without changing the look of the vehicle.

To finally get to my question: I want to know if anyone has installed or had an Invinca-Shield installed and can tell me how well their design is cut. I have had problems with a clear bra i bought that didn't fit right and left poor looking edges(not a good contour cut to fit the body edge) and left exposed areas along the edges. This all has to do with the original template design because all kits get cut from that.

I have been waiting for Xpel to come out with their kit because i have a local installer who i have used for customer vehicles in the past. I really didn't want to do the install myself because it is such a PITA. Xpel has not come out with their kit and i am running out of patience, besides they have started to put cinders on the roads around here and i still want to drive my car on nice days but don't want to get it all chipped up. Sooo it's time to find a good kit and do my own install. I have done my three previous installs myself but it wears thin on the patience at times.

Please help!!!!:shrug:

Brad

Banned
This shield has been out since the car first shipped. I have had it sitting in my room for months now. My advice to you is if you buy it, make sure you find a shop that can install it. I have been looking for a while now and no one can install the thing. My next best bet is the BMW dealer in town.

03'Darin

Established Member
I have actually done three installs already. So i have gone through some of the learning curve already. I have done two cars and a truck. You learn most of the tricks after the first one. I was going to have a shop do it to save me the time and headache. The only local shop deals in the Xpel product and probobaly would frown on installing someone elses product.

f4sfed

Established Member
I've installed most of the pieces myself. Pretty nice, except the mirrors seem impossible! And the big front piece, is too big for one (inexperienced) person to do alone. OH! ...and they talk about stretching across the body panels the piece is supposed to fit. The video doesn't show that, nor do the instructions. So one side is spaced correctly, and the other side doesn't go all the way to the edge, like I think it should. Other than that, it ROCKS! (no pun intended)

Now...if I could only get all the flying debris on the road to actually HIT the Invinca-Shield. :)

cobra23

Established Member
I have the partial invinci shield bra on by black coupe which I installed myself. It consists of the 4" strip along the front of the hood and winglets for the adjacent fender pieces.

This was an easy install but you need to use lots and lots and lots of spray to position correctly. When I had the wide hood piece on and matched up perfectly with the front hood contours, it was a 1/2" short on each side #$@!!&^%$#@!. At that point, I figured I couldn't return it (joke) so I let it be. The same holds true for the winglets...just a little off. They don't look bad but it is not a perfect fit. And you cannot stretch them nor does the material stretch.

The edges are cut pretty good. I would not attempt the more complex full bumper shield because if the material slips even a little and the adhesive parts touch, you cannot get them apart.

I also thought the price was high Griots Garage

http://www.griotsgarage.com/index.jsp sells the same material for $4 a foot

03'Darin

Established Member
I did some comparison this weekend between the Xpel kit(01' Cobra) and the Invinca-shield kit(03'Cobra). If you go to their web sights you can get a look at how the pieces are laid out. The one thing that i see Invinca-shield does with their kit that i don't like is on the front bumper cover they have two pieces, one that does most of the flat part of the front bumper and the other piece does the area just under the headlights across and including the two posts that go upward by the grill opening. With doing this in two pieces you will have a seam across the entire bumper. When you seam this material it is very noticeable where the seam is. The seam shows worse over time as it gets dirt and wax in that is impossible to get out.

In the 01' kit Xpel made the front bumber kit one piece for the front of the bumper and the flat part under the headlight/grill area. This would eliminate the seam from a very noticable are of the bumper. Looks like i will have to wait for the Xpel kit. Sure hope they don't change the design idea from the 01' kit.

BTW you can stretch this material as you put it on. As you squeege it in place it will stretch in the direction you are working the water out. The harder you squeege the farther it stretches.

boosted89

Established Member
Don't forget about Star Shield Armor. You may want to give them a call and compare prices, also. Check out their website at www.starshieldarmor.com,and their phone number is (866) NO-CHIPS. Doesn't hurt to compare!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread