anyone with kenne bell cai???

IXSLR8

Established Member
I'm looking around for a cold air kit for my cobra. This seems to be a very reasonable price for one...the kenne bell cai that is. I'm just wondering others opinions? Plus it seems like a good idea to get the filter in the fender.

kpinco

Established Member
IXSLR8: I have the KB CAI and I love it. I positioned the filter so it sucks the air from the hole next to the fog light. I left the wire mesh out and have had no problems. Others might disagree with me about the KB CAI but I have been talking/e-mailing Kenne Belle (actually Jim Belle) and believe it is a great product. There is a big difference in performance. I did have some hesitation issues when I first installed it. The cure was to move the MAF sensor to the left (twisting the MAF so sensor is in the 9 O Clock position).

Everyone has there own opinion on CAI.

predator

Established Member
I have been checking out the KB CAI also. Good to finally hear somebody using it. I like the concept and figure it must give better cool air flow. Jim Bell is no amateur as far as performance goes either. I am sure that everyone will have their preferences.

kpinco...are you still using the stock tb with your KB CAI? I was thinking about doing the same CAI with a Accufab tb.

kpinco

Established Member
Predator: I am using the stock TB. I am looking at the Billetflow but want to do the pulley and chip first. To be honest, I might spend the money on the Bassani mid-length headers vs. the TB. I think I will gain more HP with the headers over the TB.

OrigTXCobra: I am having problems with my digital camera connecting to my new computer. I hope to have it fixed by next weekend and will post pictures.

As for Kenne Bell I have to agree with Predator. Jim Bell has been working with Mustangs for a long time. I have talked to him and his other techs in great detail about their CAI. They have tested a straight bazoka filter on an 03 Cobra and compared the HP with their CAI with the 12" filter. They only lost 4 HP with their 12" CAI over a straight through ( I believe 4' tube) bazoka.

I have had no problems once I figured out the best position for the MAF sensor. Hope this helps.

IXSLR8

Established Member
kpinco- the only thing you may thing about as far is headers is the install cost, it sounds like most people wanna charge an arm and a leg.

Users who are viewing this thread