anyone with measurements for eibach pro kit springs?

TRBO VNM

There should be like one thread with the popular springs and average measurements.

i was wondering if someone with the eibach pro kit could post front and rear measurements and where they measured from. Compared to what someone posted as stock measurements, my eibach's do not appear much lower at all.

My front is about 27" and rear just over 28. I just installed them yesterday and have the MM isolators.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
at what point did you measure from to get the 27''? Let me know and I will go out and measure my car. I also have Eibach.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Does anyone have Steeda's X2 balljoint installed with their coilsprings?

Ystang99gt

Established Member
Wow why is the back so high?? I read a thread yesterday with a car using the h&r ss and the car was at 26 1/4" in the back

TRBO VNM

the h&r drop the car pretty good. I am not sure if there are any other springs that go lower other than coil overs.

the eibach I think drop them the least. with everyone saying they scrape or rub with the H&R's I opted for something else. I do not want any issues at all, but did want some drop. They claim 1.4 on tireracks site, but that is probably with stock isolators.

I measured them this morning. I have put about 20 miles on the car since. I measure from the ground to the bottom of the fender lip. So they haven't been on the car long at all. I think it is the isolators that don't allow it to drop that much. hopefully over a couple weeks it will do something more or they might come off.

pny_xtc

Established Member
I got the FRPP j-springs which came in an Eibach pro-kit box. Mine measures 26.5 front and 27.25 rear. Thats with stock isolators.

TRBO VNM

yeah, that probably sounds about right for stock isolators. I would think mine should go down a bit more than it is.

JKD Cobra: what isolators are you using?

TRBO VNM

ok, think you can take measurements for me?

how many miles you think on your springs now and did you use the isolators that were on the car or buy new factory ones?

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Sure, just let me know at what points you want me to measure from. I did not buy new isolators. I have over 20,000 miles on the springs.

TRBO VNM

JKD,

just measure from ground to lip of fender at the center part of the rim. that should give the longest distance.

thanks

TRBO VNM

Originally posted by JKD COBRA
26'' front 28'' rear

Edit: keep in mind I have 18'' wheels.

hmm, so what does that add? Not a full inch does it?

looks like I need to take the MM isolators off.

Do you have any rubbing issues at all? bottoming out? Scraping?

pny_xtc

Established Member
I've got 18's on mine too. Running 265/35 front and 295/35 rear BFG G-force TA KD's. No rubbing or bottoming out issues here.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I am not really sure how much it adds. But I know that the 18's are taller then the 17's even though they are a 30 series compared to the 40-45 series on the stock 17's.

I don't have any rubbing issues. As with any lowered mustang, you have to be careful over certain bumps, but the cobra is not nearly as bad as my 98GT with eibach springs.

TRBO VNM

great thanks guys...stock isolators it is. Never had a problem in the past with them, so I should be good for a while with these. just need to see if someone will buy the MM's I have now.

hmwave

Established Member
WAIT A WEEK OR SO!

I have the Eibach Pro's with MM insulators fitted three weeks ago.
At first they looked stock height. After three weeks they have settled down and look great.

TRBO VNM

ok, I will. I was hoping to get an alignment next week, but will wait and see what happens.

thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread