Anyone with SLP exhaust

wlg101190

Established Member
Loud Mouth I is WAY louder, as it has no muffler, just a pipe. Loud Mouth II has a muffler. If you get the I and think it is to loud, then just buy a Loud Mouth II muffler. LMI's are extremely loud though.

Ratfink

Established Member
see i am turbo so it quiets things down a lot so since i blew up my motor and got it fixed i have a bunch of oil in my old magnaflow and its too quiet and i want a blow through exhaust so i guess ill get the slp

Ratfink

Established Member
and also what exhaust would you guys pick to go on you mustang [rice is a concern i can swing the money for the SLP but i dont know about the basanni? and also i need 3in if possible since the car is turbo so what exhaust's are 3in models?

Last edited:

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
SLP LM1 is a VERY loud cat back but with the right mid pipe it sounds great. My Cobra has a catted H, SLP LM1, and Kooks LTs. It's extremely loud, and at WOT I just hope your windows are up if your behind me, but it has a good tone to it as well.

Josh

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Loud ain't bad when it sounds good. Just like harleys some just sound straight stupid, Loud as hell, but then some sound so sweet. .

Espo

lP ll llVll lP
Established Member
I had the SLP LM I catback paired up to a UPR O/R X and that only lasted about a month. It sounds great at idle, and decel (popping), but while driving it was so annoyingly raspy, and cruising on the highway (between 60-80) it wasn't that bad, but if you were around 2800 rpm, that is where the rasp was.

I've heard it with a catted X, and it sounded great, but I'm all about no cats! I am actually looking for a LM II setup now, I haven't heard it in person, but I've heard the LM II resonators quiet the rasp down a lot, but you still get the loud idle, popping on decel and loud WOT.

thelpb

Established Member
I have an LM1 on my car. At first I had the stock 4 cat mid pipe, and it sounded friggin awesome. It wasn't too loud and wasn't raspy at all. Just had a completely unique sound to it, for a Mustang anyway. Then I got all dumb and put a god forsaken O/R ProChamber on the car. Good god what a mistake that was. Wake the dead loud is an understatement. I ran around with it like that for about 4 months and then put an O/R XPipe on it (because it was free) and had some Magnaflow cat welded in.

MUCH quieter (not as quiet at the stock mid pipe though) and MOST of the rasp is gone. I'm actually really happy with it now. It's right where I want my exhaust to be. Almost no rasp, certainly no drone and it's pretty quiet cruising around. But when I get on it, it's still pretty damn loud.

*Edit* Here's a video of my old setup, Factory Headers, Mac O/R Pro Chamber, SLP LM1. It was STUPID loud.
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb307/TSG707/Track Day 07/?action=view&current=20070505190124.flv

Last edited:

xCoNtroL SpasMx

Established Member
i have slp all the way, with no cats..... yeah its loud. mine sounds really good however and it is only raspy on de-accelleration. i have the lm IIs i think that they are quiter than the ones but have a much better sound to them

Mystic03

Established Member
I have an LM1 on my car. At first I had the stock 4 cat mid pipe, and it sounded friggin awesome. It wasn't too loud and wasn't raspy at all. Just had a completely unique sound to it, for a Mustang anyway. Then I got all dumb and put a god forsaken O/R ProChamber on the car. Good god what a mistake that was. Wake the dead loud is an understatement. I ran around with it like that for about 4 months and then put an O/R XPipe on it (because it was free) and had some Magnaflow cat welded in.

MUCH quieter (not as quiet at the stock mid pipe though) and MOST of the rasp is gone. I'm actually really happy with it now. It's right where I want my exhaust to be. Almost no rasp, certainly no drone and it's pretty quiet cruising around. But when I get on it, it's still pretty damn loud.

*Edit* Here's a video of my old setup, Factory Headers, Mac O/R Pro Chamber, SLP LM1. It was STUPID loud.
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb307/TSG707/Track Day 07/?action=view&current=20070505190124.flv

+1 i loved it with my bassani BX o/r X but way to damn loud sounds silky and sick with the stock mid :rockon:

DieselNuts

¯\_(ò.Ó)_/¯
Established Member
I am VERY interested in the LM 1, but I am a fan of no cats. I have yet to hear this in person. Everyone says its too loud, but how loud is too loud? I like it loud....as long as it sounds good.

Users who are viewing this thread