Anyone with Steeda's X2 balljoint with lowering springs?

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Does anyone have this setup? Steeda X2 balljoint with lowering springs. Just wondering how many people have gone this route!

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
For those that have this setup, how much more did the steeda balljoint lower the front suspension or made no difference at all?
Thanks for any reply:beer:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by plan b
For those that have this setup, how much more did the steeda balljoint lower the front suspension or made no difference at all?
Thanks for any reply:beer:

The X2 ball joint lowers the ball joint pivot point in relation to the spindle 1/2". In order to maintain the same ride height as before a 1/2" spring spacer is included in the kit. The X2 ball-joint is not really designed to be used for lowering the front of the car. For optimum front suspension articulation the LCA pivot point and ball-joint pivot point should be even with the ground when the car is under normal load at rest. Stock the ball-joint pivot point is ~14mm higher then the LCA pivot point. So if you use springs that lower the car >1" then the ball-joint pivot point will be >~11mm lower then optimum. The X2 ball-joints are to bring the suspension back to an optimum level while still obtaining the benefits of lowering the center of gravity. From the people I have talked to they due significantly increase steering effort over the stock ball-joints.

svt03cobra10th

Established Member
I have the mods in my sig. The steering effort is a little more, but I wouldn't say that much. It feels like the steering is more responsive, but that is it. My mod list started at the suspension, because why add more power, when at times you can't keep these cars hooked up anyway. Next, exhaust, then blower pulley, predator tune, new he with fans and last but not least Apten mod.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Thanks guys:beer:

Toofast4u, I enjoy the suspension tech you offer up on this forum, sounds like you're car is dialed in pretty good. I have all my irs bushings ready to go in (LCA, UCA, aluminum diff. bushings, mm irs subframe bushings, rear cover bushing) LCA and UCA are nylatron and rear cover bushing is delrin. Did you mention that you're LCA was binding when torqueing to factory spec (185 ft/lbs)? I thought I read in another thread that you torqued it to 100 ft/lbs and that took care of it. I will figure that out for myself soon enough. Thanks again.
:-D

svt03cobra10th, You will enjoy the apten. I first added mucho horsepower, now I'm correcting the suspension hoping to cure the wheelhop. Down the road I'm looking toward the whipple. For that I will have to buy the wife something of equal value so there is no problem

:p Thanks for the info fellas:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread