AOD to T5 swap...where can I get a complete kit?

4valvemach

Established Member
You could pick up a cheap $1500 5spd fox and just part it out for what you need and sell off the things you dont.

or

Buy the parts piece by piece from salvage yards but the transmission will cost the most

used-$500
built-$1500

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
I'd really like to go with a new trans/clutch, so it sounds like the kit I posted the link to might actually be a decent deal after all? :shrug:

What do you guys think.

machstang23

Established Member
actually, for everything you are getting in that kit is seems like a good price. I'm sure it's more expensive than peicing the entire kit together by yourself, but this saves you time and hassle of trying to wheel and deal, as well as you will know the condition of the parts you are getting unlike taking a chance with someone's "like new" transmission off craigslist

4valvemach

Established Member
new/built transmission.....$1200-$1600
clutch kit and flywheel.....$360
shifter...........................$160
clutch cable and fork........$140
computer........................$200
cross member..................$70
bell housing.....................$150

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Looks like the MPS conversion kit may be the best way to go, thanks for the help guys. :beer:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I have done this swap before, Just go find a parts car or dig through some junkyards. get a good NEW clutch, spec or centerforce and a NEW good trans. You can get a TKO600 for like $1800, a little pricey but it will hold whatever you throw at it.

Users who are viewing this thread